1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

game is slow

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fjuben, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Fjuben

Fjuben Trainee Engineer

Like reeellay slow. like when i click the "play" button a solid 1-2 minutes pass before anything happens, and when the game opens another couple of minutes go by before i can do anything. when i get ingame i can move around and place blocks, but when i changed to first person the screen froze for a couple of minutes before i could do anything again, and by then i had drifted out of vision range of my construction.

the weird thing is, that it worked fine yesterday when i installed it(after i installed windows updates) and this didnt happen until this morning
    besides, my laptop can run other games from steam as well as origin just fine (like dota 2, CS:GO, elder scrolls: skyrim etc)

2. Kamoba

Kamoba Senior Engineer

What are your laptop specs?...

You may have 'burnt out' your graphics card if it has one.

Laptops (not including alien ware) are not designed for gaming, never have been and can very often lead to tears.

Skyrim is also known to be a laptop killer for laptops which are minimal requirements or just above...

3. Fjuben

Fjuben Trainee Engineer

i have an asus with intel core i7-3610QM, 2.3 GHz (CPUs), ~2.3GHz, 8GB ram

4. Kamoba

Kamoba Senior Engineer

Try cleaning up your hard drive, uninstall games you don't play etc..

I think there is something you can do but I don't know what it is...

5. Evito

Evito Apprentice Engineer

What updates did you install? Try rerolling anything from the last few days if you have windows restore points enabled you'll be able to do so easily without losing any data.

If other games still work but only SE doesnt, it means either one of the updates screwed something up, you got a virus etc, or you just found a new bug but to verify that you'll need to check your own system first that it isnt due to malfunctioning hardware/drivers/updates.

6. Fjuben

Fjuben Trainee Engineer

It is only SE that doesnt work... i think i'll try to install an anti-virus program to see if that helps

7. Fjuben

Fjuben Trainee Engineer

also there always appear an error when i open the game, it says: "warning it appears bla bla you have a better graphics card than the integrated one change it" even though i have tried all options in the nvidia control panel

8. xMoneyShadow

xMoneyShadow Apprentice Engineer

Try going to Steam> Right-Click SE> Properties> Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.