1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Plasma Window

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Vector Wolf, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Vector Wolf

Vector Wolf Apprentice Engineer

The developers must see this! "Hangar Shields" can be put in game. I know that there is topic on that subject already in here, but it's too important and too awesome to be buried under mountain of "noes". The developers stated that they don't want any too "sci-FI" tech in SE, and presumably that includes "Hangar Shields". But it doesn't. The tech is called "Plasma Window", and can be (and was) constructed even today. It works by filling a volume of space with plasma confined by a magnetic field. It can be used in vacuum of space, and can withstand quite high internal pressure without letting air out, while simultaneously won't stop laser beams, radiation, and physical objects with high enough kinetic energy. The only drawback of this tech that prevents us from building bigger "windows" today, is quite high energy consumption, which won't be a problem in space age of 2077.
    Just google it to find out, or go to wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_window

Go vote here if you want as well:
    https://spaceengineerssurgestionbox.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Plasma-Window/20110-26587
    I don't know if any developer is watching that site, but oh well.:confused::crazy:

2. Kamoba

Kamoba Senior Engineer

As exciting as this subject is...
    You're clogging up forums...

3. Vector Wolf

Like I said, It's too good to be buried, so:
    [​IMG]
    IT'S A JOKE! DON'T BAN ME FOR A JOKE!:bawl:

4. mpo1991

mpo1991 Trainee Engineer

I was against shields until i saw your post!! It seems like it could be possible in ten years even!

5. ryudragon27

ryudragon27 Trainee Engineer

three letter word, i'll give you the first letter, Y, *contestant: i'd like to buy a vowel! E* is there an E? there is an E! *contestant: i'd like to solve, YES* CORRECT!

the word is Y-E-S, YES!
    !

6. Dingo-J

Dingo-J Trainee Engineer

I think this kind of reply really stifles creativity, new ideas, and open communication.

7. Kamoba

Kamoba Senior Engineer

And I already explained o you that if information is kept together it is easier for mods and admins to forward into the Dev team, meaning a swifter more efficient feedback process

But since no one gives a flying crap about that, bollocks to it.

8. Vector Wolf

And I think that new idea in first post, in new topic is much easier to notice and find, than sorting through 3-4 pages of arguments.

9. ryudragon27

ryudragon27 Trainee Engineer

i second that

10. Kamoba

Kamoba Senior Engineer

Yes because going through hundreds of threads is much easier.....

11. FishBrains

FishBrains Apprentice Engineer

These definitely sound pretty awesome and would make the bay doors on ship bays a lot better. Also could be used as an emergency measure to stop decompression

12. mpo1991

mpo1991 Trainee Engineer

The other topics all mention shields, this doesn't. Vector Wolf is actually referring to an existing technology, a technology that could be improved alot in the year of 2077

13. Vector Wolf

Yes, because you see the title, you; usually; know what to expect, you red first post and done. Next one.
    Instead of all this, plus: reading 3-4-10 pages because "maybe" somepony got some idea in one of the hundred posts.
    If you think that one thread for one idea is bad, why not throw them all into one, and let the developers dig through thousand pages. Maybe they'll be lucky and find something useful.

14. Kamoba

Kamoba Senior Engineer

And when you have newbies joining, not reading or searching properly to see if their idea exists, you end up with a shot load of threads all with different titles, and then inside similar suggestions.

Like i said though, bollocks to it.

Not going to argue anymore

https://forums.keenswh.com/post/attention-report-posts-by-sending-a-pm-to-a-moderator-6601682

15. Vector Wolf

-Mod Snip-

16. RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix Moderator

It edges with the topic of the hangar bay doors. Please stick with that.
    Check this topic to find the link for the original suggestion.

https://forums.keenswh.com/post/suggestion-megathread-updated-daily-6623957

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.