1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Update 01.007 - Beacon block and copy/paste/delete

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan Trainee Engineer

Great news to come home to after work! keep up the good work guys!

2. JESSERUIS123

JESSERUIS123 Trainee Engineer

I love all these updates!!!

3. Spiritbw

Spiritbw Apprentice Engineer

Ooh, this has much potential......

4. Kaill

Kaill Trainee Engineer

YAY for beacons! the copy paste delete thing is awesome but I am really waiting for survival mode and multiplayer (hope they have multiplayer survival mode)

5. TheDude1972

TheDude1972 Trainee Engineer

Same here, hope survival gets done a.s.a.p.

6. firmin932

firmin932 Trainee Engineer

Keep the updates coming!

7. jtgibson

jtgibson Trainee Engineer

Agreed as well. I'm already past the "ooh, shiny!" stuff and now I want to start digging into those asteroids and building stuff the hard way. =)

8. leafspring

leafspring Trainee Engineer

Nice update. Now all we need is a proper way to import/export ships and I can retire my tool and do all the stuff in-game.

9. hrdrok

hrdrok Apprentice Engineer

Awesome update! You guys are pumping out updates pretty quick!

10. Virakotxa

Virakotxa Apprentice Engineer

Nice update rhythm! The fact it works between world-saves... The dynamic-paste to me, counts as game-play! Not the one expected, but epic god-like destruction on editor mode. What's not to like? Got to test that performance now!

11. Rizzozo

Rizzozo Trainee Engineer

Leafspring,

Just in case you didn't find out yet, you can copy and paste a ship from one world to another.
    I wouldn't call it the most 'proper' of ways to import/export ships (what if you want to import a whole fleet for example) but its functional :)

12. leafspring

leafspring Trainee Engineer

Thanks, I didn't know that. Not yet full import/export functionality but it's a start.

13. Comandersegz

Comandersegz Trainee Engineer

Man its almost like kerbals was when it first started all these awesome little but very useful updates coming out seemingly weekly or so, but then there well be a point when we well have to wait awhile I believe for huge updates of course but still totally sweet love what they did with beacons that is so useful no more testing ships at full speed and getting lost and what about that copy and paste thing man i'm gonna try it out now does anybody know if that's for small ships only? :) oh and how do you copy and paste a ship into another save do you copy it in game then load a new game and paste?

14. Kamoba

Kamoba Senior Engineer

It's copy and paste on anything you can make :p

15. EXar

EXar Trainee Engineer

Just copy from a save, exit load another save then paste it simple as that ;)
    And yes work for big ship and for station ! (see it when i have wrong copy my "asteroid station"...)

16. Comandersegz

Comandersegz Trainee Engineer

SICKNESS so im assuming if i had a large ship that is already pushing the games memory limit it just wont copy or well it copy a little of it or well the game just crash do you think? :)

17. Space

Space Trainee Engineer

Is that a way to rename Beacon text ?
    [Base 1], [Ship alpha 3] etc.

18. Gentry

Gentry Senior Engineer

Not currently.

19. titi

titi Trainee Engineer

It will be good if we can , in the futur, enable/disable all the beacons we meet in the world somewhere in the "K" menu. To rename and show anyone we want

20. Kamoba

Kamoba Senior Engineer

Enable build, disable shoot? ;)

21. Virakotxa

Performance got better... I can paste my huge ship four times, and... well, lags as much as with one (projectors and those nifty dynamic lights, you know...). But I could paste into one save ALL my ships.

22. AsherPhoenix

AsherPhoenix Trainee Engineer

am I the only one that this new copy and paste tool is driving crazy?.... like why did they have to use control c? every time when I am constructing my ship I am holding ctrl and shift (or just ctrl to place multiple blocks) and I keep hitting c to lower myself and its just driving me crazy every time I have to wait for the new copy to load...:mad: im begging you please give me an option to change this.... its maddening

23. Ovenmit

Ovenmit Trainee Engineer

..or just change your keys.

24. Virakotxa

Quoted for truth, yeah... but other than that, it's great!

25. Lord Commissar

Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

may have already been mentioned, but can you guys give the beacons a range? that way, we can do like real world ocean beacons where you have a long line to follow to your destination (without spamming your UI with beacon trackers). also would be nice, when mp comes out, if we could limit their visibility to other players/factions, or control them remotely

26. Lord Commissar

Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

hit esc to delete your new copy so you don't have to place it. i had the same problem

27. Rustyblades

Rustyblades Trainee Engineer

Beacons are nice, but I need a radar to find some of my lost ships.

28. Scorpion00021

Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

I think a few others have mentioned it, but it would be nice to be able to name beacons and filter them. Like maybe have a key that toggles shown beacons between All, Small Ships, Large Ships, and Stations. Also it would be cool if the player could open a nav interface and select a beacon from a list and the HUD would only display that marker. Is it planned to be able to display a beacon teamwide instead of to everyone?

29. zyphyer

zyphyer Trainee Engineer

Good stuff, please keep it coming!

30. crewsk8200

crewsk8200 Trainee Engineer

OMG i love it, time to finish my fighters for my battleship!!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.