1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

[01.041.014] Assemblers taking 10 times what they need [Screenshots]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tippin, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tippin

Tippin Trainee Engineer

I had a look through but couldn't find a post about this, I have assemblers connected to refineries using the new conveyors and tubes. I have 3 refineries and 5 assemblers, now when I tell the assemblers to create something they draw in the required materials from the refineries but they seem to take 10 times what they need.

They either need to take exactly what they require to build or be able to take materials from each other to complete jobs otherwise I have to keep emptying them back to the refineries or a storage box.

Can add a screenshot if required.

Edit - Added screenshots.

Edit - I think I know the problem, Assembler efficiency is set to x10 on my game so everything costs 10 times less. It is drawing in enough materials to build as if it was set to realistic.

So that is the bug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Universum

Universum Apprentice Engineer

Could be that the game is too taxing for your CPU so everything in the game gets slowed down, I get it a lot in mutiplayer with people with underpowered rigs.

3. Falidell

Falidell Apprentice Engineer

he's not saying how long it takes but rather material draws.
    ex.
    steel plate takes 22 iron ingot
    he's saying that it's pulling 220 iron ingots per plate..

not that it's taking 10 times as long.
    am i correct in this assumption Jon-Factor?

4. Tippin

Tippin Trainee Engineer

Yes sorry, knew I probably didn't explain myself too well. They are taking 10 times the materials they need for the job.

So if they need 10 iron ingots they take 100 from the refinery.

5. RickJames

RickJames Trainee Engineer

Jon Factor I think I see where it bugs if its taking exactly 10 times it seems that you have 10 conveyors after the initial storage (2 Large containers)?. I do want to thank you for this post though I couldn't for the life of me get my refineries and assembler to work properly and it seems they do work for you just taking 10 times more then they need. I will try your system out and see if I get the same issue sometime today.

6. Tippin

Tippin Trainee Engineer

Between the refinery and the assembler there are only 1 to 5 conveyors, I don't think that is related. The only thing that maybe causing it is that I have everything on 10x realism. But if that is the cause then I still consider this a bug. I will test it on 3x and normal and see if it does the same.

7. entspeak

entspeak Senior Engineer

A simplified system with conveyors is not possible at the moment that joins the paths from several sources is inconsistent and doesn't work to it's potential - it being a work in progress.

Try some basic troubleshooting. This helped me figure out how to get my system working as close as possible to the way I saw it in my mind.

For example, try disconnecting one assembler from the system. Does it pull 8x the necessary items?

Conveyors function don't work with accuracy at the moment. There is some "spillage." For example, I have two refineries going to one large storage container. The ore is processed and the ingots go to the storage, but some go "through" the conveyor into the other refinery and it sits in the inventory. If I want no spill over, I have to have a single container for each refinery. It's just the way it works at the moment.

8. Tippin

Tippin Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a go as soon as I can and report back.

9. Tippin

Tippin Trainee Engineer

I think I know the problem, Assembler efficiency is set to x10 on my game so everything costs 10 times less. It is drawing in enough materials to build as if it was set to realistic.

So that is the bug.

Cheers for the help.

10. Tippin

Tippin Trainee Engineer

Sorry to bump an old thread but this bug is still present and rather annoying.

So you don't have to read it all again.

The problem is that if you put the Assembler Efficiency up with the multiplier for example x10, the Assemblers will take the resources needed as if the game was set to Realistic through the connectors from the refinery / container.

So 10 times more than you need, as x10 Assembler efficiency makes everything cost 10 times less to build.

This ends up clogging up your Assemblers with resources so if I want to set 5 Assemblers all building different things I would need 10 times my resources to begin with so they could all Assemble at the same time.

Hope some of that makes sense :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.