1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

What is the most useless part in game right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by MichaelC, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. jcalis1994

jcalis1994 Apprentice Engineer

Procedural generated worlds are coming packed with asteroids and possibly infinite, and AI is coming as well.

I don't really feel for those who played when it was only SP, the game is a sandbox, people who get into it must know that and moreover being in Alpha, your imagination is what you rely on. If we look at SE state in Alpha, and MC state in Alpha, MC was literally nothingness but look at it now. The game I became addicted to because of the advanced features was the same I hated when I tried it mid-alpha. What's the problem with playing SP as it was before (creative only)? It's a sandbox, hence get in, make yourself a goal, and do it. Build bigger and better things, more productive, more detailed, more complex. There's plenty to do until AI/etc. comes, and if you can't find what to do, a sandbox game is not for you.

Yes, the game needs more depth in survival. I'm not bothered about it because I have plenty of projects to do, and there's plenty of time before this game goes through alpha and beta to imagine how many features will be added by then.

2. Wizlawz

Wizlawz Master Engineer

i hear ya

played plenty of sandbox as a kid, imagination was all i had.

i guess there are all kinds of sandboxes, and i guess some want a lone existence in a sandbox just to play.

otherwise for "just a sandbox" for SP it comes to my mind that we would develop our own worlds / games from the "core" of what is given in SE in which we do to then publish them for others.

but i am not a developer of any sort / kind;.... i am a Player.

3. Epic_Wink

Epic_Wink Trainee Engineer

Thrusters are incredibly useless. When you have the power of determination, even a mountain can be moved!

4. gFleka

gFleka Junior Engineer

I would say that the most useless part in game atm is a beacon...

5. Communist Penguin

Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

I have started installing battery banks onto my creative capital ship builds, the idea being they could be used to assist the reactors in high resource intensive battle manoeuvres.
    I also figured they could assist the backup power system. A reactor may be better, but on it's own it can't produce enough power to quickly escape from combat.

This said, these are all hypothetical, I have never used any of my big ships in combat.

6. eobando

eobando Trainee Engineer

Most useless part of the game: useless players.

7. Wizlawz

Wizlawz Master Engineer

SP or MP?

8. Gweepo

Gweepo Apprentice Engineer

9. MegaMiner

MegaMiner Junior Engineer

Beacon/antennna have some duplicate functionality.

Pistons just plain dont work between saves for me. The head conatntly breaks off.

I dont have any problems with the rokkit shooter.

10. Wizlawz

Wizlawz Master Engineer

^

i do with manual gunz...i hate how they have to be placed in "specific" locations so as not to shoot yer own ship....but i guess that was explained....but still don't make sense to me.

11. Communist Penguin

#]

if your building a fighter, easiest answer is place rocket launchers on hardpoints away from the hull of your ship.

12. Wizlawz

Wizlawz Master Engineer

aye...same with gats

13. MotherbrainJr

MotherbrainJr Apprentice Engineer

These forums are so full of useless crap theirs no point anymore.

Its not about talking to the devs and making the game better.

Its about getting famous on the internet and shining everyone with your wisdom whilst telling everyone else their idiots.

As for the original topic its hard to say. I can find good uses for all them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  14. Gweepo

I wonder who would ever call anyone else or their opinion idiotic... Also this is general discussion. Are you telling me in any real life conversation you have had that no one ever says something entertaining? I get that they might not around hypocrites like you, but every other normal person does. So you either apologize to my forum buddies or try and pretend your balls have dropped somewhere else.

Sincerely,
    A normal Human

15. DLTyrus

DLTyrus Apprentice Engineer

I voted other, because the most useless part of the game right now is the whole game, because the performance is so bad.

16. Gweepo

I don't get how people are having bad performance. I play on a 5 or 6 year old computer perfectly fine. The pistons freak out on new every now and then, but it's not an everyday thing :p the only decent thing on my comp is the 64bit windows. I only have four gigs of ram. An old Nvidea graphics card and a dual core AMD processor. I don't have lag unless i crash mothership A into massive station B. If you would care to explain how your performance is bad maybe i would be able to understand.

Edit: spelling and grammer

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  17. MotherbrainJr

MotherbrainJr Apprentice Engineer

Yah Qweepo its easy to blow your shi t when your not talking to someone face to face. :)

I don't walk up to "A normal human" and when they say "I Have this idea/I like apples" I dont say "fuck your ass I think your crap go get a life noob my idea is better/ lemons are better"

Because If I did I would feel that "Normal humans" fist very firmly around me neck.

Its these basement dwelling hoodie rats with their anime/furry girlfriends that own the internet that "drop my balls" as you put it.

I would tell you how treating people (yes living, breathing people type the words you see here) like shi t on the internet could have very real repercussions in
    their personal or in my case family life but you wouldn't care anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  18. Wizlawz

Wizlawz Master Engineer

ye i have seen that first hand.

on ts this one guy was messing with this other and his family....it was a prank requested by the one who was being messed with.

what the one being messed with did not take into consideration is how far the other was going to go....

soon we saw pics of his smashed electronics devices, and threats of court ,...ye the whole 9yrds.

it really opened my eyes and blew my mind...couldn't believe it...but learn something new i guess.

even though it is "just the internet" and you should take things "with a grain of salt"......you never know who is taking things very seriously regardless.

it is the internet, it is socialty, it is a life especially when you belong to a community.

19. SenorZorros

SenorZorros Master Engineer

I take offence to this one
    1. I don't own a hoodie
    2. I'm not a rat
    3. I don't have a girlfriend
    okay, you may forget point 3.

while I don't agree with Gweepo's post I think both of you went overboard.

20. Ghostickles

Ghostickles Senior Engineer

agree with Zorros, those posts are as useful as half cover walls.

21. Gweepo

Lolz

Motherbrain, im sorry... *sincere apologetic pat on the back...*

Edit: to make it up I will bring the popcorn for the next time someone suggests shield or lasers and share it :3 so popcorn within a week? :)

Edit: Also the most useless part is definitely the half cover wall, it just doesn't fit anywhere :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  22. Wizlawz

Wizlawz Master Engineer

^

it is no wonder;...well actually it is.

it is quite amazing when you find a group that you somehow for some rhyme or reason that just seems to "fit".

they say you only hurt the ones you love.

they say the reason for this is of they way you feel comfortable enough with yer community.

odd as it is.

we do not have to be baffled by the way we are drawn towards something.

jest "go with the flow" as i have often heard.

23. Communist Penguin

ok, can we get back on topic now before any mods find this and bring their nuclear justice down on this thread?

24. Gweepo

I'm still staying half cover walls :)

25. SenorZorros

SenorZorros Master Engineer

you have much to learn young padawan.
    a thread like this is destined to derail.

26. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

Well now that turrents are no longer targeting everything for no reason other then to waste ammo. I'm going with rockets.

Nothing like a weapont hat blows you up be for your enemy has a chance to attack you, and yet I still see people on me server put them on their ships in the slim hope that they might get to fire them once without blowing up.

27. Cloaked Gem

Cloaked Gem Trainee Engineer

I say the beacon. It does the same as the antenna, just less.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.