1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

A calm discussion about railguns

Discussion in 'General' started by Gweepo, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wizlawz

Wizlawz Master Engineer

ohhh right right right.....blasters...sry bout that....its been awhile since i played

2. Volfram

Volfram Senior Engineer

Back when I played Eve, my Corp. CEO had a Rokh he'd outfitted with railguns and would use it to play "Guardian Angel" for other members of the Corp. while mining and doing other stuff.

I launched my Frigate from a station once and he decided to do a targetting test. Locked me faster than I usually locked capital ships. It was kind of terrifying to realize that he could sit somewhere and kill Frigates before they could even respond.

From outside my vision range.

3. Gweepo

Gweepo Apprentice Engineer

I got stuck in the tutorial after it bugged out for me :p after that it had been airing on my desktop because I'm to lazy to delete it :p all i learned anyway was how to go towards stuff until i crash into them.

4. Communist Penguin

Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

Am I the only one that is scared by how OP the us navy is becoming?

Anyway, I'm for rail guns in SE all the way

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  5. Martinineter

Martinineter Senior Engineer

May I ask why this discussion is not added to the 'official' railgun topic? A thread in which there have been made many good comments regarding implementing them?

LINK: https://forums.keenswh.com/post/new-weaponrail-gun-and-gravity-cannon-6610293?pid=1284707506#post1284707506

6. Tcsisek

Tcsisek Junior Engineer

I'm not. That's mainly because I'm American though,

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  7. Gweepo

Gweepo Apprentice Engineer

Same here :D I might move to the UK though.... then I might be... Unless your a terrorist though, then you might die :x

8. Tcsisek

Tcsisek Junior Engineer

I made a new sugjestion yesterday. That includes (but does not center around) railguns, https://forums.keenswh.com/post/engineering-indivigual-blocks-7127819?pid=1284720591#post1284720591
    I'm not sure if the rail gun munitions should be capable of containing explosives/being flak, what do you people think. (I've dicided on making the flack/explosives less effective than conventional wepons or missiles.)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.