1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Update 01.054 - Bugfixing #1

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SixV

SixV Trainee Engineer

Seriously guys, it seem that you don't known how it's hard to maintain and fix bugs.

@Mara : Daily updates will just do the game quality worst. If the devs must take care at release a playable game every days they fixing bugs, their work will become slow and harder.

Be patient...

2. Farindark

Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Blimey you don't want much do you? :eek How many staff do you think they have? It's not quite fair to expect a bug fixed each day...even if they had the staff one bug can take a long time to trace and sort out.

I'm more than happy with the weekly patches and the bug fixing as is. There Dev team is the best in any game I've seen so far and I've been gaming since the days of the green screens! As far as patching and fixing the bugs go Keen are fricking awesome in my book! :D Thanks Keen! :thumb:

3. soat7ch

soat7ch Junior Engineer

Just for my own curiousity, why are you guys using the US data-format when notifying us of your updates? It's just... a bit confusing.

4. StarCore

StarCore Trainee Engineer

Hello !

In case it has not been mentionned yet :
    The displacement of rotor is get reset to default value (0) when either either copy/pasting or saving blueprint. I'm not sure which one, maybe both.
    This causes some problems if you have two platforms linked together by a rotor and locked with connectors or landing gears. The displacement reset while the two platforms are locked together can cause damages.

5. Mara

Mara Trainee Engineer

Em, look at the first page of this topic and count how much bug they fixed during 7 days...
    Are you sure, that they can't handle daily updates? Something like one bug per one day?
    I think, that it would be better to read, that something was fixed, every day. Than just wait until Thursday...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

The game still crashes for me when I shoot a missile : <

7. Joeliosis

Joeliosis Trainee Engineer

[SIZE= 13.3333330154419px] Please take as long as you need to Keen, for the one or two impatient teens that complain about the frequency of updates, there are thousands of us who have been playing since Day One, and we are very appreciative of the care and level of genius, and the attention to detail you guys give this game. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE= 13.3333330154419px] Ive been playing S.E. with the same group of people for a while now, and we constantly preach how awesome you guys are.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE= 13.3333330154419px]In terms of development and frequency of updates, KeenSWH sets the bar on the Early Access Genre.

Keep up the good work, and take all the time you need, because those of us who are appreciative of your hard work know that whatever updates you guys choose to release are deliberate, clean, and complete. [/SIZE]

8. Renfield37

Renfield37 Trainee Engineer

^ what this guy said

9. vangrunz

vangrunz Apprentice Engineer

Hey Keen!

I want to say one thing:

Thank you for fixing! :D

Keep up the good work (ye good old Privateers know this sentence well)!

10. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

Still busted here at least for MP.

11. LukeMate

LukeMate Trainee Engineer

I gave up playing the game because my server admin and I havnt never seen a fix for rubber-banding or net-code issues as of yet. Every neutral ship is artifacting and we are unable to interact with it to steal it.

If it has been fixed then what update was it?

If not, how can this issue be ignored so easily?

uh I mean NICE UPDATE KEEN, I'M CONSTRUCTIVE!

12. adanxx

adanxx Trainee Engineer

Aye. Game breaking Bug, still crashing My dedicated also. KEEN's really slacking on this one. TBH, who cares if assemblers don't work...the servers running....BUT, a missile gets shot in proximity to an auto-gatling-turret.....Server Insta-Crashes.

KEEN, you guys have a sense of priority?

Don't give me "because Alpha".... ive been around since SE launched. It's more like "Because Bad Programming...."

Don't get me wrong, I love the Game. I run a dedicated for many to Play on. I help new players understand the game. But none of this is possible if a Missile gets launched....

13. whisper2shade

whisper2shade Trainee Engineer

Priority?

Do not use missiles... Rest of the game is still playable - gatlings and other projectiles work... Just warn players not to fire missiles.

Broken assemblers... Whole survival unplayable because building anything requires components, that are built using assemblers.

There goes your priority. To reply to your question, I and if you read the forums here or the SE reddit page, you will find many more people who care.

14. Lallante

Lallante Trainee Engineer

Assmebler issue has been hotfixed

15. OmEgA_StOrM

OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

When I am looking through the mods I am realising that many good thruster mods using different colours like white red green ... .
    I thought it would be maybe a nice update if you can make it possible that we can customise the colours from our thruster light. This would help to get nice new designs for space ships.

16. ZigzaGoop

ZigzaGoop Trainee Engineer

I simply went into the Sandbox_0_0_0 and turned off "Target Missiles" for every turret. It's the only thing keeping my server playable although I can tell a lot of the player base doesn't bother with multilayer this week. Server is empty atm normally is almost full.

17. JayCo2013

JayCo2013 Apprentice Engineer

Mara its not like adding a new peice of tech, they are trying to fix alot of buggy problems during these next few weeks, and they have stated from the beginning of this period that unfortunately this WILL break some parts of the game between updates because thats just how linked some of these bugs have gotten. The other option is not daily updates but simply no updates for like 2 months and then we all have to download a complete rewrite of the entire code... Personally I like weekly updates, Less stress on our Dev's and more gameplay for us, even if it is buggy for a bit.

18. Martinineter

Martinineter Senior Engineer

F5 batallion 3, report in at the armory and give us all you got. F5 suppresion squad, fire at will. We need moar power to the f5 lasers. And don't forget to bring the anti server missiles!

19. Martinineter

Get on your feet maggots! We need moar!

20. Tcsisek

Tcsisek Junior Engineer

Squad F5 leader reporting in!

21. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

Maggots don't have feet, silly :3

22. Tcsisek

Tcsisek Junior Engineer

Is it just me or are the forums starting to "slow" (for lack of a better word) down, even the F5 arming seems to be lacking a few soilders.

23. Codebender

Codebender Apprentice Engineer

This is Codebender, Communications array established.

24. Codebender

Codebender Apprentice Engineer

I think its you, most of the people during the F5 war just don't say anything on forums. Mostly cause they just want the update.

Speculations for today: Survival blueprints anyone?

25. Martinineter

Rails for our F5 railgun perhaps?

26. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

I doubt so. They are in bugfixing stage, so no new features.

27. Ghostickles

Ghostickles Senior Engineer

I'll help pick up some of the slack. F5 ready.

28. Martinineter

Maybe they are busy laying the groundwork for rails, because optimisations may lead to an event in which rails suddenly aren't such a pain in the and thus are released while being unplanned? (wishfull thinking is man's best friend)

29. Don Jacobs

Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

F5 Torpedoes fired, maximum salvo, all magazines emptied.... Of Fark! I activated the cloaks, but forgot to activate the Failsafe so they could be remote destructed if need be.

And with the cloaks, I can't find them to sort that out. Ah, Well? Maybe hope the new advanced guidance AI malfunctions, maybe?

30. Ghostickles

Ghostickles Senior Engineer

HAHAHAHA

Dude, just F5, that'll fix it.
    ( the cloaks I meant)

EDIT; that was weird. By weird I mean the first time I posted this it all came up as a quote. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.