1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Crimson vs Ultramarine crew project

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mondorius, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Mondorius

Mondorius Trainee Engineer

Hello everyone,

so I have this fantasy about having a group of like-minded people to play with... and this is what it looks like:

Crimson versus Ultramarine

The vision: the ultimate purpose of this crew would be to entertain a healthy rivalry between two distinct groups of engineers to play on the same servers. The main idea would be to create a survival server to support both factions, developing side by side. The point is neither to ignore nor to deliberately antagonize the other group, but to compete for resources, materials, and such and see who is the more efficient, better faction. Organized PvP to prove each other's might and reasonable pranking (as opposed to pure chaos and destruction) would provide challenges, goals and extra amusement to the survival experience.

The crew: mature, ideally English-speaking people who like to build and design practical things, feeling like they have accomplished something (as opposed to grinding for something) and having fun together.

The home: I am open to suggestions here, although I would prefer to keep the mod count fairly low. I also personally enjoy skyboxes with darker shadows to add to the immersion and to make lights truly useful for more than aesthetics(but not so dark that it is hard to see even with lights on). I think a custom map with two crashed ships (one for each team) would be really cool to start with.

If this idea interests you, then feel free to pm me or add me on steam, same username.

2. SpaceMan

SpaceMan Trainee Engineer

What about break-away factions. Maintaining moral and suppressing riots could be fun.

3. CyberFerretHD

CyberFerretHD Trainee Engineer

Tritonos would love to house you guys, were a public server with a few mods but it is a manageable ammount, pm me or look for our post for details!

4. AtlantisThief

AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

Oh red vs blue, i know that from somewhere ;)

5. Mondorius

Well, that saves me the trouble of going through every server one by one and looking at the details. Thanks, I will look you up.

@Atlantis What is this red vs blue business? :D I don't know what you're talking about. *gun cocking sound*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  6. Communist Penguin

Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

I could pm you, or I could just leave a comment on the thread... How many people have shown interest in this?

7. Mondorius

Hmm, after a quick look at the Tritonos' page, I'm not sure... 1-1-1 is on the grindy side for me. Also, I have no clue what the grinder and welding speeds are, no full mod list, no info about the map and a high-ish ping...

I guess that would make you the first one to express it more explicitly.

8. rrrrick

rrrrick Trainee Engineer

I would join and play on such a server. I have a bit of experience in mp, mostly with players in the same room. Do you use teamspeak or other voice chat? I find that makes it much easier than trying to follow the in-game chat with its non scrolling buffer.

9. cade

cade Trainee Engineer

You should come check out the FoH server. Running pretty well at the moment, a few scripts that help keep the lag at a minimum. I am a leader of the largest faction, with 7 to 10 active players. We could definitely use some competition if anyone is interested in joining a smaller faction or starting their own. Check out our site if you are interested: fohse.com

10. Mondorius

I'm not at that point, yet. Yes some voice comms would be wonderful. Simple skype calls could work though. Although I guess if you are interested then that makes just about 3-4 of us already if I count the silent people who addded me on steam recently as interested and someone else. Getting there.

Looks interesting enough, I wasn't exactly looking for a true PvP server, but it could work. However, if I have enough people who truly like this project, I would probably abandon most other servers I would join to provide a "replacement". Still, I'll take the time to check it out properly soon. Thanks for suggesting.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.