1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Purchase Complete, when/how do I get a key?

Discussion in 'General' started by lfcifer, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. lfcifer

lfcifer Trainee Engineer

I haven't seen anyone post this so I hate to be the impatient one, but where's my key? Payment went through paypal 30 minutes ago. I got an email from them confirming payment, but still no game key. Does it get emailed to me? Has anyone else got one yet?

Edit: First time posting here, is it standard for posts to be delayed 15 minutes? I've made 2 replies but they still haven't come up......

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  2. Evito

Evito Apprentice Engineer

Err did you return from the payment to keen eshop? And if you did, did you link your steam account?

AND CRITICAL::: Did you push activate product on steam after linking your account, the steam login just gives the eshop access to activation, you have to return to keen eshop and push activate. (This is steam policy to my knowledge to avoid a webscript doing a number of actions without knowledge from the customer.)

3. Balmung

Balmung Senior Engineer

Could it be that the E-Mail take longer? I used the "Forget Password" Feature on the Website and wait since 20 Minutes for my E-Mail with the new Password...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  4. Evito

Evito Apprentice Engineer

I didnt get the key as an email, you can just click activate on keen eshop after you've linked your account and it'll instantly appear on steam.

TL;DR Read my above post.

5. Oselotti

Oselotti Junior Engineer

Same here. Still waiting my email.

6. Balmung

Balmung Senior Engineer

Is this a Joke? I buy ME a Minute ago and now they give 25%...

7. lfcifer

lfcifer Trainee Engineer

Ok I figured something out. When I first came to Keenswh I couldn't figure out my log in, I play Space Engineers. So I made a new one and made the purchase because I couldn't retrieve my password without knowing my email AND exact login, plus everyone said I would get a Steam key to active it on my own. So I can just do that with my steam log in, in steam.

But while waiting I found my old log in info, and am posting on that. So now I have to link what I bought through this account which is not what I use steam for?

8. petetong

petetong Trainee Engineer

I think I just had the same or similar issue as OP.

it took about 1 minute to get back to the eshop after making payment through paypal.

I finally got to a screen that said click here to activate your game, but when i clicked the link, it took me to a screen that said Your Products - You have not purchased any products yet.

9. gordogomez

gordogomez Trainee Engineer

So far I have not received any confirmation email from the eshop. I did activate the game through my profile page in the eshop, under the "products" tab, but it seems that you don't actually get an email with the steam code. I don't know how would you activate several copies of the game if you wanted to buy for some friends, since you don't get the actual code...

10. lfcifer

lfcifer Trainee Engineer

and I haven't posted here before but the fact that every post has to be "reviewed" first will make sure it's the last lol, I'll stick to reading

11. Balmung

Balmung Senior Engineer

Yeah, right, its there on the Product Site in your Profile on the Website... but that -25% sucks really now...

12. TwiggyShip

TwiggyShip Trainee Engineer

I'm able to log in to Steam via the Products page, but after clicking Allow it just sends me right back to the products page and asks me to log in again?

13. BoltSauce

BoltSauce Trainee Engineer

How do you activate it on the eshop page? I only have a verification message there, there isnt a link to activate it or anything.

14. psuedo1

psuedo1 Trainee Engineer

Ok, you go tot he keep eshop page, where it shows a list of products.

On the right side of the screen it will show that you have nothing in your cart and that it costs nothing.

a small bit of text under the price will be a link to your profile.

Use that link to view the games you have purchased, which should include medieval engineers

there will be a green button next to that game to register it with steam.

any other problems, like steam guard deciding that the link was weird and not sending you the email with the code necessary to log in, beats me.

15. Bromoc

Bromoc Trainee Engineer

I had to completely kill my steam client.. (exiting from system tray) and restart before it showed up in my library.

16. petetong

petetong Trainee Engineer

just as a followup, my issue was a paypal one.

I didn't realize my debit card had expired, and the purchase was on hold to transfer funds.

I added a card and purchased a second copy and it worked fine.

17. GalaxyMeridian

GalaxyMeridian Apprentice Engineer

I found this in a megathread on the Steam community.
    It seems like certain emails, especially connected to Microsoft (Hotmail, etc) are not receiving the Steam security codes, so lots of people have problems:

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/618453594740435120/#p101
    </div>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  18. Sneezepee

Sneezepee Trainee Engineer

Bought it this morning, have yet to have it show up on Steam. Says product activated.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.