1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Update 01.084 - DirectX 11, Station rotation

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Geneticus

Geneticus Senior Engineer

So far no one has figured out a reliable way to do this. I can do some of it in PS 2015, but most Keen textures can't even be opened for reference because we can't get a plugin for the compression/decompression. A change of this magnitude screams for better low level mod guides, yes, down to the level of explaining how color channels should be set up, and some other basic theory type stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tharkus

tharkus Junior Engineer

Awesome update keen :) now im hyped for the next models reworks

3. bigbangnet

bigbangnet Apprentice Engineer

dx11 doesn't take a week to work on (actually more than that I believe) so that leaves to station rotation I guess. I hope you guys are holding on something big because those small updates are getting smaller.... probably getting flamed by this but meh...

4. Xocliw

Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Hurray for patchmas :D.

5. 3vil_Luigi

3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

This is epic! Can't wait to see how Space Engineers will look in like 2 months. Just beautiful :3

6. Warixx

Warixx Trainee Engineer

That would make for a nice emergency stop button for large ships :D

7. SCxLS

SCxLS Apprentice Engineer

Wow, straight up ungrateful people in here, plus hellatze. Apologies on behalf of them. Thanks KSH.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RayvenQ

RayvenQ Moderator

Ligthing can be a bit borked sometimes, getting brighter when looking at the sun, dropping into darkness for no discernable reason, things being brighter than they should. as well as Suit Headlamps not working in first person or behaving oddly, glass reflection maps are now borked (you can see right through them, they aren't one way like before)

9. Malware

Malware Master Engineer

Ehm... You just got DX11 which they have been working at for months and you call it a small update? Jeez, some people...

• Like Like x 4
  10. PhantomX

PhantomX Apprentice Engineer

OK, for me the new items are blacked out, for me at least. Looks a bit nicers, just wish you'd did more of the blocks instead just trying to stretch them out for later updates. So far my attempts are updating my mods haven't gone very good so far. This is going to be a fun couple of weeks for us modders.

11. Uzul

Uzul Apprentice Engineer

Yer - needs to be paired with a message "you can't convert your ship to a station while moving"

• Like Like x 2
  12. Uzul

Uzul Apprentice Engineer

W
    Well, you can't expect a "Monster-Update" every week - with weekly updates, the progress is slow, but steady - and the limited amount of stuff they add in a week allows for a bit focused testing by the community (Yer, this is really Alpha ;-D

13. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

What the hell are you talking about? This is a HUGE update! We've been waiting for this for months! Implementing DX11 took a lot of time and resources, which is WHY we've had smaller updates the last few weeks. This is a drastic improvement to the game, so GTFO with your ingratitude.

• Like Like x 6
  14. PsicoPato

PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Keen i loved the update, it looks awesome, but you could PLEASE fix the head animation movent or torso movment... it makes me dizzy every time i play...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Uzul

Uzul Apprentice Engineer

Try to write a very simple program yourself, for example "Pong" - you'll be surprised, how much work it is to do simple things in a halfway bugfree way, in a way that keeps the sourcecode readable and compatible to other parts of your program ... just try it.

And btw: AWESOME JOB KEEN, THX GUYS *celebrates silently*

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  16. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

The screenies look fantastic! Loading up right now to check 'em out. Also, kudos for stations now being (officially ;) ) rotatable!

17. Scipioafricanus

Scipioafricanus Trainee Engineer

THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!
    Edit:GUYS THERE ARE NINE TABS NOW. NINE.
    NOT FOUR. NINE.
    such a littles thing brings so much happiness

• Like Like x 1
  18. mecra

mecra Apprentice Engineer

This guy... is our society really breeding people who think that everything is so simple, takes no time at all, and they deserve more? Seriously, writing DX11 takes a week to work on????

• Like Like x 4
  19. mecra

mecra Apprentice Engineer

This does make me a very, VERY happy camper.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Soulthule

Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Great update - I'm excited about the DX11 features!

I really wish there were was more support for for DS server documentation and what they do in the change log. I have been hit with server problems before not understanding what the new functions on the console do and if the default is truly where it needs to be set. For example, on this change in the dedicated server configurator there is a new option called PhysicsIterations - it is set to 4. Anyone know what this is and what number it should be set? I still don't know what Voxel generator version is either...

If there is a good source of information for these weekly updates for Dedicated servers please link it to me! Thank you.

21. Darkthought

Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

So what happens if you try to load a world in DX11 that has mods that are still at DX9?

22. Carbongrip

Carbongrip Trainee Engineer

Ok so we got DX11 but it really sucks yet, sticking to DX9. Lighting doesn't look right, it's super dark in DX11 mode and glass doesn't look right. Also I have a Industrial Thrusters Mod that the author updated for DX11 but now it only textures right in DX11, in DX9 it's a flat colour. Also in DX9 mode the standard fighter cockpit has head clipping issues when in first person.

I SHALL STICK TO DX9 TILL 11 IS FIXED, MY PC HAS PLENTY OF HORSEPOWER!

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  23. Action Hank

Action Hank Trainee Engineer

Its beautiful. Thank you!

24. matth

matth Trainee Engineer

Edit:GUYS THERE ARE NINE TABS NOW. NINE.
    NOT FOUR. NINE.

Now that is a nice feature and not even mentioned in the patch notes.

• Like Like x 1
  25. szalkerous

szalkerous Trainee Engineer

Lighting and shadows have been a mess for a while, compounded I think on wider displays with a larger viewing radius. Build a cargo bay with 20 or so lights on the ceiling and spin around, not to mention the massive lag it causes.

EDIT: I hope the DX11 renderer does a lot better.

26. Drui

Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

try ask on github please :)

27. Rantage

Rantage Trainee Engineer

Lots more silently grateful players out there, though. I think the gratuitous complaining is often a call for attention.

Great update.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Amauros

Amauros Trainee Engineer

Did you watch the video? They'll work just fine, but they'll just appear to be a pinkish purple color.

29. Xakthos

Xakthos Apprentice Engineer

4.1 Million triangle vanilla ship, with the easy start green base, red ship, and in distance blueship along with partial construction blue in area: 37-40fps standing still, 25-28 in motion. That is a marked improvement, almost double what I could pull before under same conditions. Doesn't completely do away with the big build problem but for one change it is a pretty good payback. If I do some cleanup on the ship I should be able to keep at 30fps while in motion easily. Sim speed is the thing taking the worst beating right now (.5ish).

• Like Like x 2
  30. Darkthought

Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

I must have missed that. I'll rewatch.

THERE ARE FOUR TABS! *wait, what, there are really 9?* THERE ARE NINE TABS!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.