1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Xocliw's YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Xocliw, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. gFleka

gFleka Junior Engineer

You are correct Xoc, they develop the game for us, not for big sales :D

2. Kayatami

Kayatami Apprentice Engineer

Looking forward to part 2 of the interview.

As soon as a transcript is posted, it will accompany the first one on the wiki page. :)

3. Xocliw

Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  4. Commander Rotal

Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Below 25 views Club, woo!

(only two minutes in, crazy Austrian rambling coming later)

5. Xocliw

Yeah for some reason, I really do struggle to get my sentences out in some parts of that video. It's painful listening to it back. I blame tiredness and the hangover that I had ;).

6. Commander Rotal

Commander Rotal Master Engineer

That wasn't meant to comment on you :woot: I was meaning my own comments. I like what i hear about the small blocks on large ships. Eagerly looking out for Engine questions though, i think it's coming now. I'm at the Solar Flare / Black Hole question right now.

7. Xocliw

If you want to discuss the things revealed in these videos then head over to this thread:

https://forums.keenswh.com/post/7072564

8. galacticon

galacticon Apprentice Engineer

We're our own worst critic, you sound fine! Was a very enjoyable interview! Thanks for pulling this together!

9. Amancalledme

Amancalledme Apprentice Engineer

Yay, I liked both, but I must admit (with a guilty conscience) that I did not watch all of either, but did watch parts of both.

10. Xocliw

Well thank you kind sir :)!

[​IMG]

11. Xocliw

SCREENSHOT COMPETITION RESULTS!

It's been a long time coming, but the results of the competition are finally here! Many thanks to all the people who entered :).

It was an incredibly hard job to judge as there were so many great shots. Luckily, I was able to get gFleka, MagmaBurn, Conradian and D-Box to help me find the winners. I would still be judging now if it wasn't for them!

Do you agree with the winners? Which ones were your favourites? I would love to know what YOU think :cool:!

12. Xocliw

CUSTOM LOADING SCREEN

I recently discovered that you could change the loading screen in Space Engineers very easily. Here is a video to help you do the same :). If you have a lower end PC or massive worlds, you might end up staring at this screen for up to 15+ minutes, so why not change it? In the future I hope that it will be possible to have a slideshow of pictures in the background while loading.

I hope you enjoy and find it interesting!

DOWNLOAD LINK (DROPBOX) FOR EXAMPLE CUSTOM LOADINGS SCREENS: https://bit.ly/1Eec58N

13. Xocliw

AUTO FACTORY LINE

I team up with gFleka to check at one of his new creations. It's pretty damn incredible :cool:. The logic alone, took him around 5-6 hours to complete :eek. I've seen a growing number of these automated welding designs recently, some of which are incredible themselves, but I believe that this is the first to have an auto-sorting crane!

14. gladi099

gladi099 Apprentice Engineer

Your headline of the post is wrong

15. Conradian

Conradian Moderator

Headline of the post?

16. Xocliw

CONNECT FOUR GAME

I team up with gFleka to check out one of his new creations. It's a game based off a childhood classic, Connect4 (4 in a Row).

Due to the number of small ships (the chips), performance can be quite poor (physics lag not FPS) on some systems, slowing the game down a lot but it's still playable nevertheless! We hope that you and your friends can have some fun with this, because we have for sure.

Steam Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331206881

We would love to hear some feedback on how you found it!

17. gFleka

gFleka Junior Engineer

Finally people can see the true beauty of the connect 4 game! No longer do they have to watch that crappy video of mine hahaha :D
    Great work Xocliw!

18. Xocliw

THE WHEEL OF DEATH

The workers at Keen Industries Mining Facility XG109 are going about what they expect to be a routine day, except that the infamous Dr Nino "gFleka" Krizanec happens to be visiting the facility on his travels. But even so, is everything as it seems?

637 days have passed since having any form of hostile contact at the base, although this may be about to change. Something mysterious is now looming on the horizon... watching from the shadows... But is it already too late for the workers?

------------------------------------------------------

So after more than a month of working on this, it's finally here... I hope you enjoy it!

19. Xocliw

THE WEAPON BEHIND THE WHEEL OF DEATH

In this video, we go behind the scenes of my short Space Engineers film, 'The Wheel of Death' (which you should watch before this tutorial, if you haven't already). Me and gFleka explain the mechanism and weapon behind it and also test it's power in some damage tests. It's strength and penetration was such a shock even to us and I'm sure you will agree that it's pretty mental...

------------------------------------------------------

This design was first created by gFleka well over a month ago but I never got round to finishing it until now so be aware that some of the footage in this video is outdated. But this meant that for the workshop link we could update it with newer features implemented into SE like advanced rotors and blueprint projectors allowing it to become fully automated.

STEAM WORKSHOP LINK: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=356602200

20. Xocliw

PLANET CHRISTMAS

A team is sent to investigate strange signals coming from the surface of an ice planet. However, as they descend through the atmosphere, a heavy blizzard begins interfering with the instruments and sensors on-board the XSC Explorer. The crew are heading into the unknown... Will they find danger before danger finds them?

WORKSHOP LINK: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=362491073

21. Xocliw

Updated "Planet Christmas" with workshop link. Enjoy :)!

22. Conradian

Conradian Moderator

But Xocliw... WHO DESIGNED THAT SHIP?! :p

23. Xocliw

SPACE BALLS

We look at gFleka's ball shaped drone that can follow you around on a flat surface. First thing you notice is that it only works on surfaces with the gravity, that’s because it uses artificial mass blocks. Now imagine how cool it would be to have a ball follow you around your base!

Check out gFleka's blog and all his mad creations here: https://space-engineer.net/

WORKSHOP LINK: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=366972008

24. Xocliw

MAREK ROSA PLAYS IT COOL

I just found some old footage from my "A Trip To KSH" video and suddenly realised that Marek had been hiding a top secret Medieval Engineers room from me. There was one door that I wasn't allowed to open... now I know why :eek:ops:. I will have some more proper videos coming soon...including some ones on Medieval Engineers....

25. Xocliw

CUSTOM GUI

I look at the potential of modding the GUI in Space Engineers as I believe it could give the game a refreshing look and feel. Unfortunately, there aren't too many GUI mods at this moment in time but in this video, I look at a few that people have already made.

The method of replacing the GUI textures is basically the same as changing the loading screen and all the other textures in the game. So for learning how to work with .DDS format images watch my "Changing The Loading Screen" video.

TRANSPARENT UI-
    https://forums.keenswh.com/post/transp...

CAT THEME UI-
    https://forums.keenswh.com/post/cat-th...

I hope in the future, we will be able to switch out and change our GUI in-game with official Steam Workshop support.

26. Xocliw

PLANET HYPE: UNKNOWN WORLDS

In this video, I look at an amazing planet map created by DuneD and talk about what I would like to see on official planets in the future. It's a very densely vegetated map consisting of forests, some mountains, lakes and an abandoned civilisation...

He actually created this map several months ago when he was experimenting with ideas for planets before the developers themselves officially announced that they had started working on them. But due to this prototype never getting finished and me being absent for a lengthy period I never got round to showcasing it until now.

Although it looks spherical in shape from orbit, once you enter the atmosphere of the planet, you discover that it's just made of a circular plate with everything build on top (like StarMade). It's not realistic but this map was made to experiment with a planet's surface. Also, it's worth pointing out that the map is significantly lighter in-game compared to how the video shows it. A combination of things including YouTube's compression/encoding system reduced the quality greatly.

With the hype for planets growing, I thought that this was a great video for me to make my comeback!

27. Xocliw

PLANET HYPE: GAS GIANTS

This video looks at another one of DuneD's amazing planetary prototypes. This one features Saturn and five of its moons each with a different atmosphere colour. Personally, I would love to see gas giants (along with other wonders/dangers of space) in Space Engineers at some point. Why? Because they look incredible...

Steam Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424424141

The map feels like you are playing on a miniaturized scale with both Saturn and it's moons being a lot smaller than ideal but they still look great and I had a lot of fun with them. The moons used to feature natural gravity but I believe that something was broken by a recent update.

Although the developers haven't said that there will be gas giants, I am still hoping that there could be in the future. I'm sure they're feasible if the right method is used.

28. Xocliw

PLANET HYPE: ORBITING MECHANICS

In this video, I talk about orbital mechanics and whether we will ever see them in Space Engineers. It could create some pretty interesting scenarios with planets and give us more things to experiment with. The footage in the video is of another planetary prototype created by DuneD.

I only ever got to play with this prototype once, but luckily I thought to take some basic footage at the time. Unfortunately, this meant that I was unable to record any more for this video meaning it ended up being very similar throughout. But hopefully people will still find it interesting! Also, this is probably the last planet hype video that I will do due to all of DuneD's other prototypes being too outdated to record with but I hope that you have enjoyed this trio of videos!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.