1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Update 01.108 - Planets

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. LadySerenaKitty

LadySerenaKitty Trainee Engineer

PAWS! I'm a kitty.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pegas519

Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Yeah. I know. LOL Facepalming!

3. LadySerenaKitty

That would be a facepaw.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pegas519

who told you I haven't tried it?

5. Pegas519

Indeed!!!!

6. DeltaDestiny

DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

i never said you didn't.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. jamesb6626

jamesb6626 Trainee Engineer

You haven't quite grasped how bad it can be.
    If I enter a dark area from a light area (outside) the dark area appears light, but when I go in the light slowly adjusts (likely Keen's dumb attempt at an eye adjustment effect) to make the room DARKER.
    Its almost impossible to tell if an area is properly lit or not, and even when adjusting the lighting its difficult to get it to look properly lit (turning it up sometimes makes it seem darker on the floor or blinding)

These problems have been pointed out before but they STILL haven't been fixed (just like everything else).
    Or rather it seems this one may have been fixed (see
    ) but they broke it again, or didn't fully fix it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. extraammo

extraammo Senior Engineer

So, like, are you 24/7 roleplayer then?

9. LadySerenaKitty

The term is "furry"

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. extraammo

extraammo Senior Engineer

So, you pretend your an anthropomorphic animal all the time?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Natebluehooves

Natebluehooves Trainee Engineer

hey guys sorry to derail your discussion about furries on this thread about an update.... yeah...

anyways after this update solar panels aren't working on my server. anybody else having a similar issue?

12. Sokeybuster

Sokeybuster Trainee Engineer

i would also like to know an answer to this question :p

13. Bumber

Bumber Senior Engineer

Then please enlighten us as to what exactly we are reading here:

14. DeltaDestiny

Yes and the lights do not behave like they should! and i thought down lights where bad...

15. derpy87

derpy87 Trainee Engineer

Yay! planets! now, does anyone have 2 ship models so I can do the first scene of the original transformers show?

16. SBShuffle001

SBShuffle001 Trainee Engineer

I would love to play on planets given all the pictures and videos I've seen. Unfortunately I cant enjoy what you guys have access to given my small computer. Planets look great, and good job on the design team, but they are just too big for my computer to handle.

17. Mia_ghoster

Mia_ghoster Trainee Engineer

I kind of agree to a point, it is a bit ridiculous that they couldn't have optimized it a bit more, seems as though in a way they didn't explore the other possibilities that could have been planets for everyone, just spent 5 hours on a loading screen to figure out i couldn't play SE any longer. Pitiful as KSP would have enjoyed my company for that time as well. But im not dishing out $500+ so i can play one bloody game, sadly but true i may have met my wits end with SE until they can optimize it for all players, because lets be realistic, yeah dx9 may be old, but hardly anyone has dx11 unless they bought a mint computer with it pre installed.

18. Mia_ghoster

Mia_ghoster Trainee Engineer

Well ive spent 5 hours attempting to load a dang SP world only to find out an overnight update took place that required Dx11, well i have 64 bit dx 11, 4gb of ram 2 AMD E-359 processors at 2.0 each (2 cpus) with an AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics on windows 7, now correct me if I'm wrong but dx 11 isquite resource intensive is it not? I mean sure i don't have a beefy $1000 computer but if thats what i need to run this game,,, can i still get a refund even though i have been watching a loading screen for five hours??....or have i "played" too long to get one now?...because i meet every system requirement almost mid level, but id rather go play starmade so i dont have to wait 5 days to get into an SP world...that loading time is quite rediculous...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Ed Frost

Ed Frost Senior Engineer

.... Do you guys understand that dx9 is pretty ancient. And every rig with hardware unable to run dx11 is ancient as well... And that less and less games are going to run on that hardware.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Harrekin

Harrekin Master Engineer

Was talking to someone with an XP computer the other day, they were complaining some new software they'd installed wouldnt work. They were surprised when I told them XP was released in Aug 2001...

Some people just don't know what they don't know.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Ed Frost

Ed Frost Senior Engineer

basicly that.... Couple of times a day i want to throw a hammer to someone when they act like their pc from 2009 is able to run newer gamer for years... Or when i hear that soneone has 1200virusses... Or similair things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Replic TuaniOne

Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

You need to keep up to play games, yes, some can't do that, but you will always have that.

Sure, maybe Keen should've warn the peeps that only can handle DX9 on their pc would have a problem in the future, but this is one of the reasons it's a alpha, things change, planets are not working on DX9 since DX9 can't handle that much compared to DX11.

DX 9 is 14 years old, it's outdated.
    DX11 is the "current", so it has all the support, together with DX12, these are the things all games should be focussing on.

And really, a DX11 videocard is not that expensive anymore, you can get one for 50 dollars second hand, if you were able to buy the game, you can maybe get that as well.
    Maybe a good one to think about buying alpha games is to consider that these things can happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Hotshot Jimmy

Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Id agree with you if this was thought of overnight. However it wasn't so anyone who saids OMG LOL #WTF DX9 RIP have no excuse as its been coming in for a while. Countless threads on here, its shown in the game, in their website, in the change log, on Steam... etc etc

24. xiojade

xiojade Trainee Engineer

They have actually been saying for the last few months that DX9 support was going to end soon, so it definitely wasn't a spur-of-the-moment thing. Also I'm sorry to say, but the E-350 and HD 6310 are heavily outdated by even today's minimum standards. They just won't be able to hold up with the new generation of games. Since SE is quite CPU intensive, especially with planets, I fear older hardware just won't be able to keep up with the demand that SE now puts on it, and 4gb of ram just isn't enough anymore. I dare say Space Engineers isn't the only game you'll have trouble running.

You can still obtain a DX9 version of SE, up to update 1.128 but it has no updates or support anymore. There should be links to it somewhere on the site/forums.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Replic TuaniOne

Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, it has indeed been said many, many times so I still don't get why many are still complaining about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Burillo

Burillo Junior Engineer

fsck DX9. and that's coming from someone who has an old laptop with DX9 that can't run the game any more. it bums me out as a user, but as a software developer, i completely understand and even encourage that.

• Like Like x 2
  27. DeltaDestiny

BUG: When using a Frame = Return loop timer (every one frame it triggers itself) if you setup a rotor and select the "attach" feature it will generate EXTREME LAG and probable server death.

28. Ed Frost

Ed Frost Senior Engineer

you sure this is the right changelog to post that?

29. DeltaDestiny

last i tested that it didn't seem to lag.

30. PsicoPato

PsicoPato Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.