1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Update 01.110 - Local coordinates sector, Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ghostickles

Ghostickles Senior Engineer

More Bug fixes!
    The changes are amazing, hope your bug hunts are fruitful!
    Thanx KEEN!
    :)

2. g4borg

g4borg Apprentice Engineer

Nice to see some bugfixes, and the feature of blocks seems quite intuitive, nice. Also good to hear about memory leak fixes, that might be good for some people.

Any news on the networking? Where you guys at? I know that might be a sensitive topic. It's the kind of thing where you often come to the point "ah damn that didnt solve it either!". Go blog, go!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Harrekin

Harrekin Master Engineer

My 7 x 7 drill large mining/processing ship that I've built in Survival Multiplayer in the last few days disagrees with you...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. KA3NMNP

KA3NMNP Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. rittstar

rittstar Trainee Engineer

new features and changes are allways a nice thing..

but its time now fixing the existing things for a while instead introducing new stuff

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TenTonBlue

TenTonBlue Trainee Engineer

I thought I should bring you two together so the apocalypse could begin, sorry Memnarch. :(

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. fastbike1

fastbike1 Trainee Engineer

Stop being fools about "realistic". You're mining asteroids and using a planetary lander with space pirates.

No part of this game is "realistic". It just needs to be internally consistent, which it isn't. Plus we're now in the mode where updates fix things that aren't a big issue, don't fix things that are big issues, and break things that were working.

This latest "update" made existing mineral deposits "vanish" or move. Great work Team! (Not).

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dawnkeeper

Dawnkeeper Apprentice Engineer

Do you have to start a new game for this? It's still 7s for me.

9. Nimre

Nimre Trainee Engineer

Another week where I cant play Space Engineers with my friends. Sad about that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Harrekin

Harrekin Master Engineer

Pirate drones are spawning on my DS without a pirate base...

That could get expensive in ammunition real quickly...

Especially considering drones and random encounters is off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The MoSS 2

The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

I want jetpack, I just don't want it to be overpowered by default. I like my jetpack to be limited. Now I can have no jetpack, or silly overpowered jetpack. If you don't like or don't want to use game mechanics that are here specifically for building on planets, YOU should get some cheaty mod that allows you to fly for free. Or use hydrogen bottles - why do you think they exist?

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Mystagogue

Mystagogue Trainee Engineer

Really? When did that happen? I haven't played the game in almost a year at this point so I haven't been paying attention. I'm about to start a new suggestion thread about reworking the way block ownership/hacking works. Has anything major happened in that department that I should know about?

• Late Late x 2
  13. PlaZmaButter

PlaZmaButter Apprentice Engineer

Oh good lord. Please nerf the jetpack.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. TinfoilChef

TinfoilChef Trainee Engineer

one minute of jetpack flight time is hardly going to make that the case.

As for realism... I've read in the past about current day jetpack designs that can manage nearly 10 minutes flight time here on the real Earth. Extrapolated 60 or 70 years into the future the suit jetpacks in SE ought to be good for at least a half hour of flight time on a 1g planet

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Natebluehooves

Natebluehooves Trainee Engineer

hey guys... solar panels still not charging batteries in Dedicated server! (not sure about any other modes). do we have any aknowledgement that a fix is in the works? this is making sustainable survival planetary bases impossible for the moment... PLEASE fix this!

(note. i just tested in my world after the update. however, if somebody knows a fix please let me know)

16. vymasteny_pankac

vymasteny_pankac Apprentice Engineer

c'mooon, they had almost entire team on planets for months and they delivered feature you can't find anywhere else on this scale. now i guess there will be a little bit less of visuals and "stuff we can see" directly as they were speaking about reworking of the netcode right after the planets. (you should give them at least week or two holiday from hard work and endless hours spending at work for us, they really deserve it) also there are still bugs to fix... hope one day we'll have a model of solar system

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. The MoSS 2

Update 01.088 - UI Transparency, Rotating Sun, Voxel Support. Now I think they should add some simplified changelog only for big game changing features :)

18. Nimre

Nimre Trainee Engineer

19. Scya

Scya Apprentice Engineer

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. PsicoPato

PsicoPato Senior Engineer

The problem is that those JetPacks have HUGE tanks and can't be carried arround so easily. Our in game space suit probably have around 1/10 of an actual Hydrogen bottle of size in game, speacially if you take in consideration that we have a oxygen system, inventory, life suport system, batteryes and other stuff that make part of space suit. So in my point of view, our jetpack should only be used for maneuvers in space, using them inside planets would defintly cause them to depleat really fast.

• Agree Agree x 5
  21. TinfoilChef

TinfoilChef Trainee Engineer

and if you're carrying an H2 bottle why not assume it can be connected to the suit's tank to extend it's capacity 10x.

Personally I say that if you don't want to use jetpacks like that then by all means, don't. Do NOT however, prohibit others from doing so in their games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

The update is over 600mb again... wtf..

23. RIVVION

RIVVION Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    Dear keen,
    please read the following problem that prevents my robots from following me in multiplayer sessions or servers.
    i have these robots that i work on, i love having them around BUT the sensors have a glitch that may occur when you enter or leave a sensor range parameter it causes to freeze everyone's game and the server unable to respond due to the sensor freaking out and activating its setup actions per frame, this is happening with every sensor i place in sessions with people joined in, when i play solo either on session or on server everything is fine

could you please add a feature to put a cooldown of roughly speaking 0.25 seconds between a sensor's activation setup action and deactivation setup action , or fixing the bug itself so it wont happen again.
    hopefully you will read this before 3 december, i've been waiting for this to get fixed already for weeks!

it would mean a lot to me, thanks for reading!

~rivvion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. The MoSS 2

Problem is they turned around and suddenly prioritized people who want very easy game with no obstacles whatsoever. You have it backwards, YOU should not prohibit others to play a difficult game. Especially if you have inventory size setting, hydrogen bottles and mods that makes your game easier without limiting others.

• Agree Agree x 8
  25. PsicoPato

In any moment i talked about going back to what it was before, or to prohibit anyone to use them, i was just pointing that with the suit we have in game and the size of the tank needed to fly a lot with them, it makes no sence to you even beeing able to do so in planet.

But i posted a thread with an idea that can benefit people that whant to get out of a planets orbit with a jetpack, and people that whant it the old way.

Here: https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/jet-pack-increase-or-decrease-duration-as-an-option.7374992/

26. The MoSS 2

Since every change in jetpack duration will make someone angry, new world option is good solution here. But it needs to stay on 7s with option to make it easier - not the opposite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. PsicoPato

Agreed.
    Setting 7s as realistic and 10X the more extended time.

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. Pro3Display

Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

i first thought it is a pointer misleading me then i found out that ore is a sneaky one on planets

here's some iron:

[​IMG]

29. Stardriver907

Stardriver907 Master Engineer

DS users please don't be surprised your issues haven't been fixed yet. Your issues are no doubt the toughest nuts to crack and it will not be quick. Or painless. Also note that not every fix makes it to the list, and today Keen gets to find out what can be hotfixed for tomorrow. Oldest issues will probably remain issues for quite some time. Easy solutions usually break something else. That's why old issues are old. No sense blowing a gasket about it. It probably won't be fixed next week, either (whatever it is that is making your game "unplayable" or constitutes a "game-breaker"). Keen is just as aware as you are that SE will have limited value if multiplayer doesn't work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. lukeimyafada

lukeimyafada Trainee Engineer

since we are mentioning bug fixes, how about the one which im personally sick of, logging into a online server OR a friends game only to get bug after bug, sometimes saying our versions dont match, sometimes saying corruption in data, sometimes saying no direct connection, and on the off chance i do manage to get in, i only get to sit there floating above the medbay, unable to move or do anything! and if i even tap the numbers 1-3 for small large or station, it crashes the game entirely, ive reinstalled the game on 2 seperate computers and have the EXACT problem on a private map with my friend narsayden, and any attempt to log into a online server gives the same problems

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.