1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Update 01.111 - New weapon/tool tiers, Performance improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Adam test files were removed! .D

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

I'm guessing the different colors are placeholder until models for each type of weapon is created..

I hope so at least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PlanetS1de

PlanetS1de Apprentice Engineer

tools and weapons tier
    work multipliers in world setup remain.
    KSH, youre running out of ideas, its time to finish up.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  4. Natebluehooves

Natebluehooves Trainee Engineer

i love how people are mindlessly downvoting any comments not sickeningly positive about the game in general... i agree that this is a fun game, but there are much more important issues than shiny new weapons... solar panels and batteries are literally your ONLY method of creating power when on a planet in survival. they don't work at all if you have a dedicated server right now. in what way is this not a game-breaking bug? can one person explain to me why it is not enough of a priority to even mention these bugs? or are all of you so selfish that you think people on DS should be shrugged off so that you can get your shiny new guns faster?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Ulfsark

Ulfsark Master Engineer

Make a proper bug report, in the bug report section...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Abidos

Abidos Trainee Engineer

When they are planning to fix the sensor range visibility issue??? Or there is a mod to fix it?
    Edit: in dx11 in space it is non visible.
    Killer scrap metals are fixed yet ? (scrap metals on planet tend to bug in the ground or blocks and deal a huge amount of damage if you touch it)
    Any news form the new multilayer code?
    Don't misunderstand me i love the new tools but there s some things are more important i think.
    Lets make a new poll to found out what the players want.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Manticore

Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Thanks KSH. I'll have another go trying to run the game without it crashing. Let's see where we are at...........

8. Gorea

Gorea Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    I appreciate all the work you all put into this game and it is an amazing game,

but am sorry if i will offend someone but i want to get this off my chest and i can only hope devs will take it into account

I am disappointed with most of this latest update and i just wonder what are the priorities in development for this game,
    I have made a small server and i convinced some friends to join me (even to buy the game so they can join) and i see them stopping playing one by one because they get too frustrated of so many bugs ( especially in multiplayer) and we was hoping to see more bugs fixes then adding some more guns,( i think the time and effort you all put in making this guns would been more important spent on fixing bugs)

Pistons, sensors, rotors and lots of other things are very broken and i think this are way more important to fix then adding guns... and probably having a true server version that can actually work on linux might be a good thing to have aswell

My intend is not to upset anyone, i just wanted to say my opinion and hope it matters...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Me 10 Jin

Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Shiny trinkets? 'Tis the season after all. I guess welding/grinding sliders in world setup are due for deprecation. Looking at this update from a different perspective...

... "depth" updates are more or less done and KEEN is switching to "breadth" updates! This means we could soon see some of the most popular mods incorporated into the vanilla game! Huzzah!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Two

Two Apprentice Engineer

Seems like servers are randomly crashing since the update. No idea what is causing it at this moment, but it is definitely an issue caused by this update.

11. nukeguard

nukeguard Trainee Engineer

I love the implementation of the tiered tools and weapons!!

12. Forjo

Forjo Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm it's still happening. I was destruction-drilling with my small atmospheric driller and am sitting at a frozen game. CPU utilization for SpaceEngineers.exe is 17-27%, Memory is 2.6GB, and commit size is 2.7GB.

I was hopeful for this, but it's still broken.

-Forjo

13. Cassius Faux

Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

I've noticed a minor bug with this update, ships and items no longer register craters or terrain deformation as being done. So you can drive over a crater in a truck, and just float over it as if the ground is still smooth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. crazyrobban

crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

In all fairness my friend. You've convinced (and probably hyped) your friends into buying a non-finished early access game that promises nothing about stability at this point.
    It's all about what you expect.
    If you (and friends) expect it to be bug ridden since it's alpha, you'll have fun with it.
    Expecting it to work flawlessly, even trivial minor bugs will be annoying.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. PlanetS1de

PlanetS1de Apprentice Engineer

Its the progression - hard to go to space if you start on a "planet", or spend longer in space to gather resources to sustain yourself when you land on a "planet".

16. Gorea

Gorea Trainee Engineer

You understood me totally wrong,
    I am not expecting a bug free game, i didn't say that,
    It is just that i was hoping to see more bug fixes then adding new content and i was just saying my opinion not raging about it

Because hoping each week to see the bugs that breaks the gameplay being fix, and instead they are ignored over adding new content is getting me a bit too frustrated

So i think the only way for the development team to know what we as the players community expect is to say what we want, and i think constructive criticism is the best way to do it

17. JC12231

JC12231 Trainee Engineer

This update looks awesome and while I know many people may not be too enthused with my suggestion here, it is a valid and much-needed one. Please do an update soon focused entirely or at least mainly on optimizing the game, I have a bit of trouble playing sometimes because my game has trouble running smooth in the asteroids scenario (it only runs better in the empty space one I think, I haven't used that one yet, but it goes to reason) without having meteor showers off and every single graphics option set to minimum except asteroids being on infinite and low density and render distance on 7 km. I have seen posts on the steam community of people having worse performance than me, and I use a 4-5 year old laptop with 8 GB of RAM, a 2.1 GHz processor, and an Intel 300 series GPU I think, which is kinda old and can't support DX11, which a lot of stuff is optimized for probably since it is newer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. WeirdWizard

WeirdWizard Trainee Engineer

Progression is good :)

19. fabricator77

fabricator77 Apprentice Engineer

Just great, now I need to carry around two grinders, for one of my projects.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. BANDIT

BANDIT Apprentice Engineer

netcode? i really would love to meet a friend on a planet without having the game crash

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. D3Jag

D3Jag Trainee Engineer

Same experience. Is there a thread for this bug yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. megapro

megapro Trainee Engineer

I think having to carry like 3 tools for each function is overcomplicating the game too much. building in survival allready takes long. no need to make it even harder by cluttering the inventory with extra items. But the flamethrower idea sounds pretty interesting :)

23. Archangel1-1

Archangel1-1 Trainee Engineer

Sooo I'm guessing next is tears for everything, or will it just be limited to weapons or essentials like reactors, refineries, assemblers and ship weapons?

24. Pegas519

Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Fixes
    - various performance improvements
    - fixed game freezes when drilling - Nope, not fixed
    - fixed crash when loading world
    - fixed sound on alien planet
    - fixed crash with connectors
    - fixed station not aligning correctly

25. third_principle

third_principle Trainee Engineer

Just cause it didn't come out with this update doesn't mean they are ignoring it. You are right to post concerns (probably the wrong thread to do it in but whatever) but they HAVE said that multiplayer is their top priority, in fact that have already started implementing parts of the new multiplayer netcode just not the full new version. Keep posting your bugs (in the correct forum) and that way they can be aware of them if they aren't already. They are completely re writing the netcode it will take some time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. JuStX2

JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

question: when you say "Fixed Crash with connectors" - does this mean the connection force is no longer so high by default that it destroys the ship off-planet? Also does it mean that my planetary connectors won't disconnect at random crashing my mining ships to the ground?

Also I am thankful for the tiered weapons/tools although I'm more likely to use tiered tools than weapons...but still gj. Your doing great, just keep up the pace and SE will become a game I can recommend for another 600 hours of gameplay (it'll be the first steam game to reach 1.2k hours if that happens for me...)

27. D3Jag

D3Jag Trainee Engineer

I would assume it means "fixed game crash under this quirky scenario involving connectors".

28. DeltaDestiny

DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

I smell large/small block tiers....

29. Ghostickles

Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Unexpected and awesome. Thanx KEEN. :)

30. JuStX2

JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

You can add Atmospheric Thrusters to that list - I press "down" and the thrusters I put on top don't respond to planetary gravity and slow down...:( I need 6 directions even on planets because my ships tend to flip too.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.