1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Resource boulders on and off

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Hald, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hald

Hald Trainee Engineer

Good day everyone!
    I have a suggestion about on\off option for resource boulders spawn in the world. Because I think thet they aren't needed and prefer to deacrivate them, but other people like them, so they can have them. And both of us are happy =)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hald

Hald Trainee Engineer

Comon guys! Vote for this option! It's easy to add and really needed!

3. rifmouk

rifmouk Trainee Engineer

+1 i love this feature

4. YtramX

YtramX Apprentice Engineer

I disagree. Too many checkboxes as it is, and resource boulders are harmless, one way or the other.

5. rifmouk

rifmouk Trainee Engineer

yes harmless but we must take them , i understand this option if they come directly in the inventory without spawning

6. YtramX

I don't understand.

They're boulders on the surface of a planet. They have various types of ore inside of them and can be mined. What are you talking about going directly into inventory without spawning?

7. rifmouk

rifmouk Trainee Engineer

I think there is a misunderstood , personnaly i talk about the boulders when you mining

8. gothosan

gothosan Junior Engineer

O.O obviously when you mine ore it will be in the form of rock that contain minerals..
    do you actually want to avoid mining too much stone? in such case use right mouse button

9. rifmouk

rifmouk Trainee Engineer

thanks, but personnaly i'm an idler and i want ores but not must take it with the "T" key (when i'm in character mode)

10. Niphiil

Niphiil Trainee Engineer

Additional panel to more checkboxes for more not essential options.

11. extraammo

extraammo Senior Engineer

We can't just add a checkbox for every change. It would be nice to have some sort of defined consistency in what SE actually is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. rifmouk

rifmouk Trainee Engineer

ok i understand it could add another checkbox, then maybe a new sort of manual driller (or an updated one) which aspiration .

13. Hald

Hald Trainee Engineer

Make some clicks and config game for your own needs too difficult?
    I think no. Or you just don't like checkboxes?

14. YtramX

I don't like checkboxes for something so trivial.

15. Hald

Hald Trainee Engineer

but why not? if we can make best environtment for each other - why not? when everyone can customise his world as he wants ith mods, options and other stuff - it will be the best.

16. rifmouk

rifmouk Trainee Engineer

I'm agree with Hald, a lot answers of suggestions are "NO, I DONT WANT THEN YOU COULDNT HAVE" but a lot of them are options, if you don't want it, don't use it (i talk about suggestion that's not too much changes in "gameplay")

17. extraammo

extraammo Senior Engineer

What should happen is the devs will put in all the features that SE will have and then balance them for best working with each other. If there is a checkbox for everything, all you have done is made a game engine and not a game.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. YtramX

Every time you add an option, you create a new game permutation that increases the testing burden. Bugs will only occur when certain options are selected or deselected, so testing all of those permutations is something that has a direct impact on development time and defect introduction. It's not the win/win situation that some folks believe it is.

I'm all for adding options when it makes sense, but doing it for trivial things like whether there should be a few boulders scattered about on the ground is not worth it. It's definitely my right to voice my opinion on whether or not they should make something optional when it has an impact on development resources that I believe could be better spent elsewhere.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.