1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Quest Log (Menu "K") Crashes When Modded

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Coggernaut, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Coggernaut

Coggernaut Trainee Engineer

Before this update, the tutorial quest was possible to mod. This was very important for the Realm of Mistvalin mod, since the mod changes the game entirely. The modded quest was extremely helpful in teaching new players how to play the mod, Realm of Mistvalin. While the HUD quest description currently works, when you press "K" the game crashes. If their is another file I need to modify (aside from Tutorial.sbc) that may be the fix. To check to see if it was a coding error, I had a fresh restart and copy/pasted Tutorial.sbc. I then only edited the first title of the first quest and named it to "Welcome". This small change caused a crash whenever a user pressed "K" to activate the quest log/book.

So my question is: "Is the default tutorial quest mod-able?" I was very excited to see the quest log (because people complained about the wall of text we had). Though it seems my hype was short lived. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited and happy to see the quest log (it looks fantastic). I'm just hoping it will be mod-able soon :)

In the future, we hope to add many more quests that players can complete. This was to help players learn the lore and have more modded content to play.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. kejn

kejn ME Tester Staff

Thanks for the report. We will check it out.

3. Coggernaut

Thanks for the info, I cant wait for the day for quests to be mod-able :)

4. Sir_Moodz

Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

They did ask not to spend much time trying to mod quests, since the whole system might change a lot.

5. Coggernaut

I know, but the modded quest tutorial was extremely useful for explaining the Realm of Mistvalin mod. Plus, I'm really hyped to start writing quest lore and tons of RPG related assets! :D

6. Sir_Moodz

Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

I totally see this game becoming a mmorpg, but then in a dynamic world.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.