1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Update 01.180.3 Minor - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Cursor

2. Carlosmaid

Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

There was any type of improvement with the medbays? When I enter to my server the medbays list load much more faster when passing from one to another med..

3. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

They certainly still haven't fixed the broken collision mesh on the construction stage models of it >.< (which is yet another reversion to a bug that was already fixed at least once)

4. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Nice Tank. Decent update, I would like to use Pistons and Rotors more however I feel a Clang presence whenever I go near them so I always shy away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Syncaidius

Syncaidius Junior Engineer

It's a pretty epic achievement to get something as complex as that tank to run in multiplayer. I've tried making tank tracks in the past with a friend and it usually ends with the tank exploding due to desync or instability.

I'm seriously looking forward to the performance/stability improvements Keen have in store for us. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. IcyAxe

IcyAxe Trainee Engineer

There are still some other MP issues that need to be addressed sadly. Wheels are dangerous in MP. There are some weird collision issues in MP on Planets. Where visual mesh is 0.5 m bellow collision mesh. I can provide DS save.
    Bad connection causes to drop out of sync.

I have save where programmable block caused one bug. Projection block makes game "semi responsive". Where i spawned "dead" in MP(none of the re-spawns worked correctly). Could not do anything(deleted character from XML - didn't help). Friend could join and spawn without a problem. Had to revert to 2 days old backup.

<opinion>
    Idk how Keen is developing this stuff, but i think there needs to be some changes how they are doing multiplayer and singleplayer. I assume both are developed separately. IMO they need to do both together. Singleplayer needs to work as local server where even player is another instance(That corrupted save worked for me in SP but not on DS).
    </opinion>

PS.: There needs to be some more info about failed replicables maybe Entity IDs. Then could i at least delete them from Save XML.

Code:
    2017-05-04 20:54:21.274 - Thread:   1 ->  Failed to create replicable ! Type : MyInventoryReplicable, Owner id: <inventory null>
    2017-05-04 20:54:21.290 - Thread:   1 ->  Failed to create replicable ! Type : Sandbox.Game.Replication.MyTerminalReplicable

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  7. Helljumper

Helljumper Trainee Engineer

Nice update all in all, but atm I try to upload some models for sketchfab in steam. but the data folder (.zip) is toooooo huge for uploading... and I've done this with small grids (200 blocks more or less)
    but the single .obj data is a paper white 3D-Model, looks pretty but not original ;)
    Did I make anything wrong, or will it give improvments?

P.S. I'm very happy for enabling and polishing the export <3

8. Whiplash141

Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

So the export tool is "fixed" but it exports a HUGE folder. Just one of my texture files is 27 MB! What kind of image compression are y'all using?

Edit: Sweet mercy the texture maps are 8k by 4k...

9. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

I think the idea is that you can use it to have an accurate full life size model of your ship 3d-printed that you can walk around in.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. posthy

posthy Apprentice Engineer

That's cool, I'm running to build my own deathstar...

11. DeathOnAStick

DeathOnAStick Trainee Engineer

looks like anOther good update.. I might be getting my hopes up, but I'm eager for some planet updates! like random locations, planets that orbit the Sun and rotate.. crazy thoughts

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

The concept will end in working space vessels you take a seat in and start off...

13. Harrekin

Harrekin Master Engineer

You say that...

But if you had the filament and divided the model into "blocks" the size of your printer bed...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.