1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[STABLE 01_172_018][DS] Programmable Block Inter-Grid Communication not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Saphi, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Saphi

Saphi Trainee Engineer

Hello

i have tried to make such a setup on my Dedicated Server, but ist not working.

Setup:

On the Transmitter (Small Ship): a Antenna with enabled Broadcasting and a Programmable block with this code:

Code:

string antenna = "Antenna";

MyTransmitTarget target = MyTransmitTarget.Ally;

void Main(string argument)
            {
                var ant = GridTerminalSystem.GetBlockWithName(antenna) as IMyRadioAntenna;
                ant.TransmitMessage(argument, target);
            }

On the Receiver (Station): Antenna with Broadcasting and allowed Broadcastings from Allys and Assigned Programmable Block with:
    Code:
            void Main(string arg)
            {
                Echo(arg); //no output from the Transmitter
                string[] args = arg.Split(':');
                var receiver = (IMyProgrammableBlock)GridTerminalSystem.GetBlockWithName(args[0]);
                receiver.TryRun(args[1]);
            }
    Now if I run the PB on the transmitter with an argument, nothing happens on the Receiver site

2. DarkInferno

DarkInferno Trainee Engineer

Having the same issue +1

As well as seeing Too Complex on programs that are this bare-bones.

3. newscientist

newscientist Trainee Engineer

+1
    I tried rexxar's example on a local DS and nothing happened for me either.

4. Tylus

Tylus Apprentice Engineer

How fare is the grids away from each other?

If they are too far away so that they are out of renderying range, they get unloaded by the client and therefore nothing appears to happen.

If that also happens if the grids are right next to each other there is an other issue as well

5. Saphi

Saphi Trainee Engineer

the small ship is inside the Station both antennas have max range and have the same faction.
    --- Automerge ---
    i think i got it:
    if I use MyTransmitTarget.Ally the thing is not working, but it seams to work with MyTransmitTarget.Default or MyTransmitTarget.Everyone. The "Ally" thing seams broken

6. newscientist

newscientist Trainee Engineer

I tried it again with every combination and nothing worked. I made sure to recompile after each ownership change.

7. Saphi

Saphi Trainee Engineer

Sometimes the antennas Are est to not Broadcasting after a server restart, for some unknown reasen.

8. DarkInferno

DarkInferno Trainee Engineer

Hrm, I've had this issue on fresh antennas (blueprint spawned) as well as from two ships I made next to one another. Doesn't seem to matter if I use Ally or Everyone. Tested these in single player and works fine seems to be a DS specific issue.

9. Saphi

Saphi Trainee Engineer

I have the issue that the antennas not broadcasting after a server restart

10. alex9849

alex9849 Trainee Engineer

I have the same problem. Has anyone fixed it yet?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  11. Jas

Jas Apprentice Engineer

idk if this is related (even if it is a bug) but for me antenna (single player) lose their checked box for broadcasting if i switch off on, always they lose that propriety (a game start is a global Off>On right?)

12. Gandur

Gandur Trainee Engineer

That still happends.

Do some one know whats the state of this bug?

13. viper312005

viper312005 Trainee Engineer

It works for me, though i think there is a bug for the if you change the name of the antenna and update that name in the PB to use that Antenna, it gives an error. I believe that this is only on DS though, I heard you can load it up in single player and set it up and load it back to DS to get it to load the correct name on the anteanna block. Seems the name isn't updating on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gandur

Gandur Trainee Engineer

Thanks @viper312005. That works. I build the ship from a blueprint, in that alle setting are already done. Over that way is it working.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.