1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[1.181.103] hot fix destroyed the simspeed

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Baltazar Exo, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Trainee Engineer

Might I be any help? Some deeper debugging?

2. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Not really currently on SP, Start System in planetary lander i drop from 1.0 to 0.3 so i have a way to repro the issue.

3. Baltazar Exo

Baltazar Exo Trainee Engineer

Latest hotfix 104 fixed this for me :tu:

4. R-TEAM

R-TEAM Junior Engineer

Still a mess - before the "Nice Hotfix" it was (displayed) 1.00 .. (feeling was 1.00<>0.9 around .. rare 0.8 ..) - with the "Nice Hotfix" it was then 0.6<>0.2 ....but with the Today "Hotfix" it is 0.5 <> 1.5 !!! ..... a new all time best fixing aproach for Keen ...

The rollback system to an Major version is senseless and at best "ironical" - at worst an slap in the face of the payed customer ....
    If an major relase is happen - most times it runs good .. not bad .. not perfect .. so nearly all user would use it ...
    BUT - the little Hotfixes that follow destroy the "good" and make it more and more worse ...
    And then you have allready saved your game with the new version, and it is an pain to get back (specialy on DS ..)
    So, you are only save, if you wait 2 ! major relases and jump on the older, if he work nice ...

Would be much more sensefull in terms of the "hotfix deasasters" to get an option to roll back minor fixes ....

After 6 month away from SE ... nothing have changed in QA or proffesional developing ... the customers still Alpha Testers for an unplayable Game ..
    The Steam ranking follow the bussines behavor .. down under 70% .. and going more and more down .. (the "last times" ranking .. the "All Time" is nearly unaffected, from the massive overhype in the beginning - like many titles ..)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. starmindfr

starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

A short test on my server show stable 1.0 and no glue effect so only good things, have to see over time now

6. Maybesomeday85

Maybesomeday85 Trainee Engineer

Latest patch .104 recovered sim speed and turrets started to work. Chanced some ownership of stations from npc to nobody, but otherwise seems to be working.

7. Oskar1101

Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

After today's fix it's better but not as good as before sunday's "hotfix". Before was solid 1.0 no matter what i do, on sunday 0.3 in the same spot and now 0.9 even when i'm standing still.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  8. R-TEAM

R-TEAM Junior Engineer

It shows, players with an "HighEnd" PC have now good playability, but users that meet the req and have running before without problems get now still bad SimSpeed ....
    So it is not an total failure .... but i still would like an rollback to "unpatched" 1.181 - this was running good - with less inventory/simspeed/desync problems as the actual x-times patched build ...

9. Oskar1101

Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

I have i5 3570k 4.2Ghz(which is better than stock i5 7500 or maybe 7600), 16GB ram and gtx 970 so this should be enough...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. R-TEAM

R-TEAM Junior Engineer

Have Xeon 12core 3,8Ghz with 16GB and an AMD Firepro w8100 8GB ... on my machine runs the DS and "my" client good with 1.00 (feeling 1.0<>0.9 sometimes ..) .. but 2 player on the DS have barely the req specs, and here it was with 1.181 good .. but now the 0.5<>1.5 ..... barely playable ....

11. Nihl

Nihl Trainee Engineer

Hello everyone! yay my first post, i feel stressed. I should shave myself this morning....do i look good? is my suit jacket fits to shorts?

I can confirm its fixed now, at least for me. Yesterday evening empty new planetary world. FPS: 100-120, Sim speed : 0.3-0.5 CPU usage: 40-50%, GPU usage: ~80%
    Just now. FPS 100. Simspeed 1.0-1.5 (i don't like this higher numbers), CPU usage: 60%+ GPU usage: 100%.

My hardware is AMD FX-8320 8-core Overclocked from 3.5ghz to 4.2ghz. 8GB (2x4) ddr3 dualchannel 1866 mhz cl9, Mobo Asrock 970 extreme 4, MSI R9 380 4gb Gaming, Game and OS (win7 Ultimate SP1 + all up to date), installed on SSD Kingston v300 80GB SATA3, unfortunately this worst one.

12. J.R. Ewing

I confirm this issue continue with low end CPU. Today results (last night):
    Intel J1900 - simspeed 0.2 dropping to 0.05 - totally unplayable
    Intel i7 - simpseed 0.7 - playable

After patch 1.181.0 it was much better with J1900. Also was better with mobile i7.

--- Automerge ---
    One more observation. Even on i7, sim speed drop nearly unplayble (0.15) while remote controlling my drone. When I left over controll and camera of the dron, sim speed return to 1 and not dropping under 0.8.

13. starmindfr

starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

I only have an I5, 64GB ram and a nvidia 1060, With all setting to max but low shadows on 1920*1200 i keep with 1.00 on dedicated server full of mods (+35) and lots of huges stations and no sim speed drop when i am in a drone remote camera.

14. J.R. Ewing

This is Mobile i7 with base frequency of 2.5GHz. But I think, this is related with graphics also - have only mobile nvidia.

15. Jas

Jas Apprentice Engineer

fixed whit .104

16. Nihl

Nihl Trainee Engineer

im astonished that SE actually can run on mobile graphic cards and CPUs, and it can be (at some point) playable.

Did some testes on my first survival savegame just now (amore than 100h from mine 210h on steam was spend in that world), with space station 30k+ blocks, 1 large transport ship 10k blocks, dozen unmanned fighters approx. 1k blocks each, half of them patrolling base, not mentioning my first planetary base in size of 11k blocks and various vehicles for construction/deconstruction purpose. All together i used 72k from 100k block limits, it include 12 rotors and 7 pistons. Limit for turrets almost reached.

planetary lander remote control from earth base to space station.
    notes. CPU usage is total from all cores. SE use like 6 cores from 8 total, i always have at least one core at 0-1% usage. My total RAM consumption by OS is around 1.5-2 GB. My graphic Settings are now: no AA,, all medium (textures high), performance-friendly render distances, AF x16, 1920x1200 (16:10).
    On planet in base before take-off: Sim: 0.8-1.0, FPS: 50-60, CPU usage 40-50%, GPU usage 80%, free ram: 3GB

Atmosphere, takeoff sequence: sim 0.6.-0.8 with rare jumps to 1, fps between 30 and 80 (o_O), cpu: no more than 65% Free ram: 1GB GPU still 80%

Once escaped atmosphere, at alt 10-15k km, simspeed return to 1.0, Fps stabilized at 70, CPU usage stuck between 40% and 65%, Free ram still on 1GB, GPU jumped to 99-100%

Closing to station, render distance i have on 10km, once get to 5km and less from station center, i got drops of simspeed to even 0.5, yet they are short, appear in pattern, when engine renders base details, and usually it gets back to 1.0 once rendered. FPS lowers to 40. CPU,GPU usage and RAM stays similar to ones above from now on till end of test.

Near space station, no ship movement. sim is 1.0, FPS 100-120 (depends on where i looking), Connection to base and drop supplies/refill guns/tanks on ship. 2 connectors, one separate just for hydrogen tank refill, at this point all station system with refineries (5), assemblers (5 in coop), oxy generators (6) and conveyor starts work and process new ores. Simspeed. 0.5. FPS. 30-50. If i set my drones to patrol at the same time, it dont have any impact on simspeed. Once most of my station systems get back to idle, simpseed returned to 1.0

Its better than was, but its not a large improvement, and its just a bit worse than before hotfix .103, more brittle fps count. before was like 60-80 all the time on High detail level. . And i run game from SSD, at overclocked 8-core CPU, after multi-threaded physics update. Game uses from 4 to 6 cores, not even full 100% from'em. yet drops occur. I could say "not enough RAM", yet i always have some free.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  17. J.R. Ewing

Now, with last patch 1.181.105 everything works as after last major update (1.181.0).

With that mobile i7 is mobile graphic, but GeForce GT 730M. I haven't tested it with integrated mobile graphics.

FPS is quite low (10-15) thanks to graphics but simspeed now back to 0.8-1.

On Celeron J1900 is opposite bottle-neck. Thanks to desktop graphics I have >30FPS, but simspeed 0.8-0.5 thanks to lowend CPU.

18. Nihl

Nihl Trainee Engineer

Hotfix .105 just checked now,
    floating in spacesuit around my station assembling f*loads of rockets and construction components. Simspeed is no lower than 0.8 in most complicated and busy station areas. what is good count. at 0.8 its still playable, where i know im AMD FX peasant owner, according to PC Master race standards. 6 cores used at most. FPS runs around 60-80.

So after like 3 days of hotfixes, game run really well for me. i could now resume my project for a 500m+ long star cruiser with such huge fps and simspeed running between 0.8 and 1.0. And i see that game runs significantly well after 1.181 update. 8 GB of ram stopped to be "often freezes, cause ram out" situation in planetary world.

Im satisfied.

19. kittle

kittle Senior Engineer

seems to have fixed it for me too.
    no more 0.12 simspeed while in 3rd person driving my rover. its back to 0.8+

not the 1.0 i m used to, but the game is now playable again.

20. J.R. Ewing

1 issue persists - while using camera remote view on my drone from a cockpit placed on my spacelift structure - sim speed drop to 0.05. Very specific user cas. Let me explain:

Simspeed on the top of the lift from 1st person view is fine -
    [​IMG]

When I take controll of the drone it is still fine:
    [​IMG]

When I switch to camera view of the dron, Sim speed drops, but it is still playble:
    [​IMG]

Situation is nearly the same, when I board a vesel and controll dron from it. The ship is not connected with the structure behind it:
    [​IMG]

When I step into the cockpit placed on the main space-lift structure, situation is still fine:
    [​IMG]

BUT when I take controll of the dron, sim speed drop is significant:
    [​IMG]

And total death beggin when I switch to the dron camera. Sim speed jumps between 0.05-0.2:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.