1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Request: Barbarian spawn modding (Needs some whitelisting)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by pipakin, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. pipakin

pipakin Apprentice Engineer

I'd like to be able to mod the spawning behavior of barbarian spawning. It seems all the required components are not whitelisted for mods. Any way we could get those whitelisted?

Components in question:

MyBotSpawningEnvironmentModule
    MyMedievalPlanetRespawnComponent
    MyMedievalPlanetRespawnComponent MyMedievalPlanetRespawnComponent.Static
    MyPlanetAreaContentsComponent
    List<long> MyMedievalPlanetRespawnComponent.GetAllRespawns(Type respawnType, long? identityId = null)
    MyPlanetAreaContentsComponent
    MySafezoneRespawnComponent
    MyMedievalPlanetRespawnComponent
    MyMedievalPlanetRespawnComponent MyMedievalPlanetRespawnComponent.Static
    AreaContents
    bool MyBotSpawningEnvironmentModule.TrySpawnBot(MyAgentDefinition botDefinition, ItemInfo envItem)
    List<long> MyMedievalPlanetRespawnComponent.GetAllRespawns(Type respawnType, long? identityId = null)
    MyClaimBlockRespawnComponent
    AreaContents
    ValueCollection MyPlanetAreaContentsComponent.AreasWithContents
    IReadOnlyCollection<MyCubeGrid> AreaContents.LargeGrids
    long AreaContents.AreaId

I know it's a long list, but I'd really like to be able to able to make mods around choosing barbarian spawn points. :)

2. Coggernaut

Coggernaut Trainee Engineer

You can change the spawning of barbarians in the "ProcedualEnviornments.sbc"

That sbc file is the world's reference to what spawns where and how much is spawned. It's automatically referenced to proximity of players, so no meed to worry about overpopulation and lag.

You can set where they spawn too, but I forgot where/how that was done. I know you need the ProcedualEnviornments.sbc to set it, but I -think- it's either the height map or something else that sets the proximity for new spawns.

This works for all plants, trees, and stones. (Not voxels)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.