1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Turrets only targeting connectors - an opportunity?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sarekh, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sarekh

Sarekh Senior Engineer

Howdy, folks!

No, this is NOT a bug report in the wrong section ^^ - to the more advanced dev-users here @Mix-martes86 and @Malware for example, is this bug maybe a hint to the possibility of a more advanced targetting system that can actually target specific block types? Because it feels like this could be utilized to achieve just that - block-type based targeting.

The decoy blocks should cause a similar behaviour if everything works fine so it would be a possibility to give whitelists/blacklists to turrets, no?

2. Spets

Spets Master Engineer

I hope so, I always wanted to target only turrets, or/and thursters for example, so the stoopid autotargeting AI won't destroy everything

3. Sarekh

Sarekh Senior Engineer

Yes, so much this. It would be fine to have subgroups only, I would even go with that (weapons, power, propulsion, etc.) but for the love of clang, why would by weapons target a friggin' ore detector before they target a missile turret?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jas

Jas Apprentice Engineer

Oh yes, firing at weapons only then stop would be awesome

5. starmindfr

starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

its already possible with MODs to have specific targetting by name + order so why not in vanilla game too

6. Mix-martes86

Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

I was going to look it up, but if it can already be done with mods, there's absolutely no reason (that I can think of) why that can't be done in the vanilla game.
    Can't speak to the difficulty of it though.

However, I'm not sure that the bug is somehow related to such kind of behaviour by the turrets, it's probably a random accident.

7. pizza? pizza! PIZZA!!

pizza? pizza! PIZZA!! Trainee Engineer

i have the exact same problem only turrets target any connector they see, my own for example (yes i've checked everything double (for whaty they target) and they only shoot connectors and then ALL the connectors)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.