1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Uohcnam's Mods

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Manchou, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Manchou

Manchou Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Manchou

Hi, small tesaer about next mod.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

A balustrade?

4. Manchou

Yep!

Too simple ? ^^
    --- Automerge ---
    My new mod is out!

Check those new Balustrade parts for yours castles!
    Enjoy and hope you'll like it!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  5. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

A number of 'simple' things may do better than one 'complicated' thing in the sum. I will also have to try out this ceiling part. I was sometime suggesting flat ceiling parts to fill out spaces left open, when you don't want to insert a huge block. This is maybe the solution. To be sure I will need to test it.
    I confess, my dear Honorary Cardinal, that lately I went astray into the future world of a certain blasphemic thing called "Space Engineers" and I will have to return to our mother church ME and repent my sins for being absent. With cleansed heart I shall try out all mods accumulated meantime.

6. Manchou

Ahah i absolve you ! :)
    I'll name you my holly tester and "suggestionist" and if are a good boy, you'll grow up within society and become a lord per haps ! :D

in another words and honestly, i wait your feedback ! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

Thanks. I smack your fat ring in trembling anticipation!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

OK, here is proof of my first use of two of your mods. The doors (of course) and the ceiling.

[​IMG]

Well, in the center you find the first time use of your splendid door by me in my world of Cornuscopia, in the newly begun construction site of the monastery. Those are parts of the monastery cellars. The ceiling? It's close but you can't see it yet...

[​IMG]

Here we are. Your ceilings. In company of more doors. Main halls in those cellars. I see, your ceilings are an alternative to the vanilla ceiling blocks, those which reduce the static pressure of a ceiling on one single pillar, allowing for arcs of two spaces or a grid of pillars every second block. Yours halves the distance to one block, resulting in a more dense row of pillars - as seen here. good for bridgebuilding, as someone wrote in Steam workshop comments, or for stretched halls like this here. Or when you have door-size corridors entering the stretched hall sideways.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Manchou

Thanks for your feedback, it's interesting to see how people use modes ! :)

10. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

The balustrade next to stairway I showed you in my new thread isn't the only place where I inserted your mod. Here you see better examples. It is from living quarters of my monastery construction site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They protect drunken monks falling from the corridors into the lower one, when returning to their cells.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Manchou

Ahah !! Nice !! :D

12. Manchou

[​IMG]
    Hi All!

There is a lot of time i can't play and mod on Medieval Engineers.
    Since few days i have more time to do! So i have two updates.

On on my balustrade mod with new blocks to build balustrade on the floor without law wall.

And on my doors mod which is broken since definition for door block have changed.
    So for this mod, i rebuilt entierly the mod. So for now juste un doors in two version is supported.
    Doors are now more beautiful.

All of those changes will coming this evening.
    Hope you'll like it!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

Welcome back. Just couple of days ago I wondered what could have happened to you?

14. Manchou

[​IMG]

Today a little apdate about my doors mod.
    On existing doors (wood and metal) i add building components. Till today, it was necessary to have 5 large Stone to build the door. Now you have to carry wood and iron parts to build entierly the door.
    Also, I add the outline around the door instead of the yellow rectangle.

Good game!
    --- Automerge ---
    New Update about doors.

I had a new type fo door : the center door wall.

Also, i add construction stage for doors and i add the research system.

Good game

15. Manchou

[​IMG]

Hi!
    Today, a little update on the Balustrade Mod. It's a bug fix.

Aloso, a new mod is out. It's a fireplace for your casttle where you can cooking.
    You can found this mod at this adress.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Manchou

[​IMG]

Today an update about FirePlace Mod.
    I added a new block! Now you can build above the fireplace, the chimney base. This block allow you to build the base of the future chimney and build a tall fireplace in the room with two blocks height. More design could be come out later.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Manchou

[​IMG]

Hi All!
    Today, a new mod : The Bell !

It allow you to use it to create a great bell song. To annonce ennemies or diner time !

You can subscribe to it at this link.
    For now, the bell is not animated, but it'll be in a future update, soon !

Have fun!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Manchou

[​IMG]

Hi All,
    Today, i bring some news on the Bell Mod.

First, with advices of @Stori3D Past Productions i imrpove the way to ring the bell. If can activate the clapper to ring, you can know hit the bell to ring it. It's more realistic because you have to build a mechanical system to ring the bell.

Next, i improve the bell's model (more details) and i had LODs models to have a light model when you are far away from the bell.
    I imrpove the craft recipe too. Now you need, Timber, Metal Parts, Iron Ingot and Rope to craft the bell in your furnace. See the image below :

[​IMG]

Have Fun!
    --- Automerge ---
    [​IMG]

Hi All,
    Today is time for an update about the Fireplace Mod.

For this update, i add two new blocks. Now with the base chimney, you can build the rest of it. With the conduit block and the top of chimney, you are able to build a complete fireplace.

Have Fun!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Manchou

[​IMG]

Hi All!

Today a new update about FirePlace Mod.

In this new update, i fix some textures bugs. And a little news, you can produce smoke at the end of a chimney. For now this feature is just decorative and not turn on when the a fireplace work. You have to turn on manually.

Have Fun!

20. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

Love all your creations. Even smoke from the chimney!
    Concerning the bell, maybe it will be worthwhile to produce two or three sizes of bells which are giving a different bell sound - deep, (middle) and high tone - so when skillfull engineers combine them with a ringing system, a multi-voice bell ringing will sound. For small chapels will be sufficient to equip with the smallest bell, while a cathedral asks for mighty multi-voice bell compositions. :woot: For the praise and glory of Keen Software Church! ;)
    --
    Don't want to sound too demanding and reaching out too far, but for the *extended* future it seems a nice idea to implement a glider which lets the user determine how his bell will sound like, from deep voice to high-pitch. Imagine the possibilities for composing bell songs this way! Arrrgghh, I am carried away by fantasizing. My apologies.

21. Manchou

Thanks Cetric !! :)
    Ahah, i'm totally agree for the bell, well ... i'm planning cool stuff for the bell mod and have several size and tone it plan ! :D
    And me i love your comments !! :D if you have some mod ideas, do not hesitate! Start a private conversation and suggest me some brillant ideas ! ;)

[​IMG]

An nother update today!

For this one, it's about Functional Doors Mod.

Another two stone door are supported. It is about rounded stone door (left and right). For both wood and iron gate.
    Also, one people said i cannot pay tax when he play with this mod, and i'm in the same case on multiplayer. I havn't test in my solo test game yet ... tell me if you encounter the same issue.

EDIT : i bring a bug fixe. Now you can pay your taxe ! ;)

Have Fun!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Manchou

[​IMG]

Hi All!

Today, i bring a new mod. Juste the base of a new mod in fact. It's the a mod about windows. This mod will fit to the Vanilla existing windows frames, but for now, if add two windows frame after a request by @dwiep for his creation.
    Hope you'll like it!

Have Fun!

23. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

Windows mod - confirmed.
    *Hyped about further window developments.*
    *Prays for Stained Glass Churchwindows*
    *Thinks he will make a new chapter in the 'modding idiot section' about this, with pictures*
    Thanks, Manchou. Got inspiration.

24. Sharity Gaming

Sharity Gaming Trainee Engineer

Hi folks ... first I love your mods but I got a small problem with the doors. Maybe its me ... sure its me because in 99% of all cases the problem sits in front of the monitor. How to combine them with walls? Everytime I place them on a normal wall there is no hole ...

25. Manchou

Thanks guys !! :)

@Cetric : You cannot imagine what i plan for this mod ! ;)
    @Sharity Gaming : You have to choise a vanilla wall door, and then, place my corresponding door block on the Wall door! :)

26. Jan Žák

Jan Žák Trainee Engineer

Hi Manchou, let me ask one question, do you plan to update your mods for a new version of the game? Thank you and have a nice day :)

27. Manchou

@Jan Žák : Hi Jan!! Yes it's plan, but not now unfortunately! i'm very busy last time. i can't tell you when i'll update mod .... but i will! See you!

28. firebone

firebone Trainee Engineer

@Manchou do you already have a timeframe when you will be able to update your mods? I use almost all of them and realy love them.

There is also an issue with the functional door mod which prevents the payment of taxes on the landclaim block. Only able to pay taxes with timber and nothing else with the mod enabled.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  29. Manchou

[​IMG]

Hi All!

No i'm not a ghost ! :)
    I had time to update one of my mod!

HGY | Ceiling Extend Part

Have fun and happy new year !

30. Cerbrus

Cerbrus Trainee Engineer

Awesome :D

I just started poking around in your balustrade mod, a few hours ago, to get it working again.
    Almost there... Just some weird issue where the BlockVariants work in Creative but not in Survival.

Maybe my progress there can get you started on properly fixing the mod ;-)

Happy new year!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.