1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

1.186.4 parked wheels cause vehicles to explode or get launched

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by infotron, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. infotron

infotron Trainee Engineer

Reproduction Rate: 2 out of 5
    Configuration: Release

Reproduction steps: create vehicle with wheels. turn on parking brake on said vehicle. wait and watch.

Observed behavior: vehicle will either get slammed into the ground and blow up or get launched into the air.

Expected behavior: for vehicle to stay parked without moving.
    EDIT: here is the link to the same problem on the steam discussions https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/1696040635920608419/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AJman14

AJman14 Trainee Engineer

I had that happen, but it only launched when it was on a ramp that was being lifted. other than that, they seem to park fine for me.

3. DigitalStone

DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

I have been working (and riding around for testing) on a vehicle with a total of 8 wheels and this did not happen once.
    Neither land or ice terrain. I have been parking (for extensive times), braking, jumping about.

4. AJman14

AJman14 Trainee Engineer

I, too, have driven around a lot. The only time I saw it happen was with a small grid that had (6) 3x3 wheels, parked on a large grid ramp that was being rotated. It was also up against the front wall, so it could've just as easily been the wall spitting it out, as the ramp would've barely pushed the small 6-wheeler into the wall.

5. infotron

it has happened twice with both large and small grids on my multiplayer game. I have tried different worlds and it still happens, just park it and let it sit. it will blow up eventually.

6. AJman14

AJman14 Trainee Engineer

Does it happen in Singleplayer? And does the parking brake have to be engaged?

7. Tigerstripe

Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

I saw this happen repeatedly with one of my 6x6 rovers that was built a few weeks before the big wheels overhaul update. Park it, and within 30 seconds the rear wheels would be launched into the air and the voxels under them would explode.

I have only seen it happening when parked on planet voxel terrain. Never when in contact with a station grid.

I knocked off the rear wheels, replaced them, and built a metal platform to park my rover on. Never saw the problem again, but maybe that's because I just figured out how to avoid triggering it...

8. infotron

I havent tried on singleplayer yet because I always play with friends but there is a discussion on the steam page and one person says it happens to him on singleplayer.

9. AJman14

AJman14 Trainee Engineer

Ok, you want to add a link in your OP?

10. infotron

I put up a link

11. DigitalStone

I shall take a better look at it tonight.
    Let my car just sit there on the ice, parked, while i will get some groceries.

12. AJman14

AJman14 Trainee Engineer

You might also need to stop in a restaurant and get a large meal... spend a good while in there!

I'll also test this some more.

13. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Senior Engineer

demonstrated here by this awesome engineer. [not this awesome engineers in me but this one in the video.]

14. Arcturus

Arcturus Senior Engineer

Freeze-framing the video at the moment of wheel destruction makes it look like some wheels are embedded in/below the the ground.

Would be interesting if someone could repeat the experiment with grid damage turned off.

15. DigitalStone

Alright, i've testing this thing out for the last 30 minutes or so (also letting the vehicle just park on some grass like in that video).
    I tried to:
    - Park it on several types of voxels.
    - Turning at high speeds and then brake + handbrake and without brake first and let it sit there.
    - Pressing X on various levels/intensities and then stop + handbrake.
    - Stepping in and out and handbrake
    - All of the above in different orders.

In all cases, nothing happened.
    It seems then maybe* this happens only when constructing a vehicle in (a part of) the way some vehicles are created.

* The word "maybe is my only disclaimer

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  16. infotron

it seems that it might have something to do with a mod as I left 4 different vehicles parked for about an hour on a new vanilla world and nothing happened. but I also tried leaving the same vehicles alone on my world that has mods which has done the glitch before and it also didnt happen. it seems like it only does this when you dont want it to happen.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. DigitalStone

Alright then, false alarm:
    Something of a case of Murphy's law :D
    In case of using mods.

Which of course never happened before in the history of SE.

18. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Senior Engineer

i wish i could disable the X button....
    this rig at one point just rotated 90 degrees into the ground killing me.
    but i think the funniest insult of it all was i leaned upwards to try and survive the landing but the only thing to survive was the cockpit.
    that was a cruel cruel close space engineers in anger because its glitched out you lost alot of process joke.....and then it autosaved so you know spit in my face a bit more.
    [​IMG]

19. MA€STRO™

MA€STRO™ Trainee Engineer

By the time when the character is close at other times when we are further away, but the problem persists.
    By the time when the character is close at other times when we are further away, but the problem persists.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.