1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Good news, proof that Keen really takes user input seriously...

Discussion in 'General' started by Roxette, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

2. hippybaker

hippybaker Trainee Engineer

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

It's the real thing.

4. Burstar

Burstar Apprentice Engineer

This paradigm shattering event has convinced me to add 'consider buying DLC' to my to-do list. I will of course wait the obligatory 5 years before doing so.

5. Stardriver907

Stardriver907 Master Engineer

All right everybody just calm down now. Having moved this issue to "under consideration" means that the issue has already received a considerable amount of consideration. After having considered whether or not they should consider it, considering all the other issues they should consider, they are now no longer considering whether or not to consider it but are now, in fact, considering it.

Now we all know that when it comes to programming, nothing is as simple as it seems. I'm not optimistic. That crosshair is clearly the keystone to the whole works. Take it out and the whole thing collapses. I figure they have to come up with something they can replace it with that we can't see. I'm not sure there's anything like that out there so we just might be stuck. I think what they are actually considering is how to let us down gently. I think as a community we should show some support. We should let Keen understand that they are under no pressure so that they don't make any rash decisions.

After all, do we want a game where the crosshair disappears along with everything else on the HUD when we press tab, or do we want a good game?

Make up your minds, folks. Make up your minds.

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I want a new duck, one that won't try to bite; one that won't chew a hole in my socks, one that won't quack all night...

7. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

Psssst! Not so loud! If you mention that word "crosshair" more often, that PvP pew-pew guy will notice and write here his 5 year old demands for more PvP and a considerable morass PvP space shooting game!

8. R-TEAM

R-TEAM Junior Engineer

mhhh - funny - i not post often or read deeper in the forum actual ... but this joke even i have get :D

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

All I want for Christmas is to be able to make this annoying message go away when I set Steam to offline mode...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Stardriver907

Why do programmers always think we need to be warned about obvious stuff?

Are you sure you want to exit? YES GODDAMMIT!! THAT'S WHY I CLICKED TWENTY OTHER &%^!@#!#ING BUTTONS JUST TO GET TO THIS POINT!!

If it's a warning, I should only see it if I intentionally set the game to play ONLINE. Then I would want to know that I'm offline.

I'm sure it's being considered.

11. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

You also? :D But no, I meant the guy with an abstract eagle head as avatar. :woot:

12. R-TEAM

R-TEAM Junior Engineer

oh . no ... sorry (english not my first language ;) )
    i have meant i understand the joke - as i have read to (too) many posts of the "PVP is the primary SE gameplay" mantra ..
    :D
    i think PVP is an important part of SE - but only an part and realy not the "core"

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ronin1973

Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Create a bool "Remove Crosshairs with TAB key" Add it to the list under the "Crosshairs". Grey it out when crosshairs is deselected.

It can be done... it... can... be... done... :)

14. Stardriver907

You think it's that easy, huh? Just insert a few more code words and what you want will happen. Did you think for ONE MINUTE about what happens to the crosshair afterwards? Where does it go? What does it do now that it has been kicked out? Sure, you get a nice, clean picture, but crosshair is now out of work. Ever think it might have a family? What about them? Crosshair only has one skill. You going to retrain it for today's market? Huh?

Unintended consequences, dude.

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Spets

Spets Master Engineer

Too bad it takes so long most of the old players moved on already... I mean, if they had released this small grid windows like, 3-4 years ago, I will probably still playing this game more often than I do today. And I would react with a happy freak celebration if that happened. But now is like, meh! nice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

Their argument against small grid windows was always the impact they would have on performance... but perhaps they finally accepted that the performance is terrible anyway so the impact would probably not be significant :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Ronin1973

Your therapist is failing you and you should cut back on the Redbull. Your Wiiings need clipping. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Morloc

Morloc Apprentice Engineer

Targeting Reticle. That's what they used to call me. On the streets.

-Morloc

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ronin1973

Selling your reticle on the streets for space credits... just to get by.... such a sad existence.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Phrixos28

Phrixos28 Trainee Engineer

Chinese aromatic crispy duck is far better!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.