1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Will local mod seemlessly replace workshop mod and rescue build?

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by Cetric, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

Headline says it all.

But here the details:
    I had a very excessively used mod, the }DT{ Modpack, Steam No. 406279900. Its conveyor wall blocks are in absolutely every large grid build I ever made, forming all the pipelining there.
    Now the author seemed to have taken his mod out of workshop, it's missing. Means, if I load any world with my large grid builds of last years, instead of conveyor networks there will be gaps and a big nothing left. Now I could pick another 'armored conveyor' mod and start rebuilding all infrastructure but that will be tedious and take ages. So, alternatively...

...My question is,
    if I convert the sbm packed file into a local mod, will a save game load the blocks from that (I won't change number) after I enabled the local mod in save game settings and thus replace the workshop version?

2. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

You would of course need to change the game settings to refer to and load the local version, but yes, I have done this many times in order to tweak some details of a mod for local use. Take backups of all first, obviously, in case of any problem or error. ^.^

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

So game checks local and workshop entries alike, and as long as you don't change steam numbers, uses either one for blocks already build by same mod? That's great. I have hoped so.

4. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

The 'Steam number' is not relevant once the files are held locally, you can name the local mod folder something descriptive, you still need to change the mod reference in the save from the steam reference to the local one. The block names are set within the data files and are not related to the steam id number at all.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.