1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Trees

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Capt.SkuLL, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Capt.SkuLL

Capt.SkuLL Apprentice Engineer

Is there any way i can switch off trees ? would like to have grass only.
    the options would only let me reduce the distance to 500m i cant make it 0m

2. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

Not in the stock game, but there are various ways - is it for performance, visuals, or removing obstructions to wheeled vehicles? and would you want to replace them later?

3. Capt.SkuLL

both for performance and visuals. i wanted them removed permanently :woot:

4. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

If you remove the file PhysicalModels_Trees.sbc from <installation path prefix>\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\Environment then the trees will not appear. If you replace it later, or it is replaced by a game update or by performing a steam game file verification, then the trees will return. If they return in a position that conflicts with a structure you have built, it will not cause damage, and the tree can be removed by destroying it with a hand drill, or the file can be removed again. This method will obviously affect all of your locally created worlds. However, if you join a multiplayer server or a friends shared game, the trees will exist but be invisible to you, with results of unpredictable amusement value. You could of course simply move the file back into position for multiplayer, with the game shut down. This is a very basic quick and dirty fix method. There used to be tree removal mods on the workshop, but I'm not sure if any are working correctly with the current game version.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I posted a thread about trees. I placed a block scaffold over a tree so that the tree went through the block. It was still that way after I exited and re-entered the game. But the tree vanished (poof!) about 10 seconds or so after I welded the block. Great fun, Space Engineers!

6. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

BA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!! Trees on asteroids. What'll they think of next?

(Wait! What!?! Did I say "trees"? I meant "grass". Sheesh, what a maroon.)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  8. Capt.SkuLL

thanks i will try this later. :tu:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.