Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[0.6.1.27D568] Grids and Structural Integrity are borked - especially Stone Cubes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MainTango, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MainTango Apprentice Engineer

Here's one scenario: when placing a wooden floor in the space directly underneath stone cubes, both the floor and the ceiling start to crumble like so.

[​IMG]

Similarly, when trying to place support structures like pillars and archs in between stone cubes it usually ends in disaster. Here's an example for a hall:

[​IMG]

My attempts at supporting the stone roof ended in tears and inappropriate language.

[​IMG]

It doesn't matter whether I place the roof first or the pillars. Depending on which one I place first, either the ceiling gets rekt or the floor or both. Without the pillars the roof holds up fine but I'm gonna have to support it somehow since I wanna build stuff on top.
    Tested in online survival on a dedicated server.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  2. anders w Apprentice Engineer

hear hear! we are having major issues with si as well while playing online dedicated. creative offline seems fine though.

3. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey,

Thanks if you can get me a blueprint that i can check out on both version to see the different behavior we can try and remedy and patch it up otherwise any fix to this wont be as efficient as you would like to be.

4. MainTango Apprentice Engineer

Are you sure you need a blueprint to check if you can place blocks in between stone cubes on a dedicated server?

5. anders w Apprentice Engineer

lol just realised we are most likely playing on the same server. :woot: (i'm Dane)

still though, i have experienced something similar in creative, unfortunately i deleted the world today.

6. MainTango Apprentice Engineer

oh hai :)

7. Duke Anax Trainee Engineer

I don't think you need to be looking at blueprints for this one, you managed to break something fundamental in the last patch.

We have simple and sturdy structures all over the server breaking that stood proud on monday. I even had a lone pillar of three stone cubes standing directly on the ground crumble.

8. Jimmi Trainee Engineer

On our Server we have the same problem with the structures. We place it, we leave it, we made a server restart and it breaks up. But only at one place of our map. The other places seems to be save, for now.

Problem occures on our server in creative and survival mode. Played as single player game its the same problem.

9. Shonsu Trainee Engineer

Here in the Bugreportforum someone had the idea that structures may break only if the upper part was already built and you build a part underneath. I have tested and can confirm it.

10. I23I7 ME Tester

Yes i am sure i need a blueprint. Thats why i asked for it. Its easier and faster for us to reproduce issues reported by you and resume regular testing on the internal branch.

11. Duke Anax Trainee Engineer

Ok let's try a proper bug report, with blueprint. I try to make it as complete and straight forward as possible.

First. If you place 7 stone blocks in a C shape like this everything is fine:
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1228940777

Now if you place most blocks, for example a wall with arch inbetween the outer blocks, both the top and bottom will crumble.
    Same will happen if you build the block first and then place the stone cube above.
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1228948183

Now the interesting one: if you build a small arch, you can put the stone block above:
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1228951776
    However if you build the stone cube first, you can't place the small arch.

And now the odd one: you can place and build a solid wall in any order with the stone cube:
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1228952377

Basically: some blocks seem to reduce structural integrity when compared with air. The small arch only does this in it's scaffolding stage though.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. I23I7 ME Tester

Great report!

We are taking a look into this. Thanks for saving us time.

:) Keep it up

13. Shonsu Trainee Engineer

please give us a report when found the problem

14. I23I7 ME Tester

:tu:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.