Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.073] "Input Not Supported" [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sentinel-Ghost, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

Hi,

Every time I try and load up the game it goes straight to a black screen with a floating "Input Not Supported" error message. I have had no problems running SE until this latest patch.

My Log File: http://pastebin.com/7vmt527s

System Specs:

CPU = Intel Core 2 Q8200 2.33 GHZ

Graphics = AMD RADEON HD6800

RAM = 4GB DDR3

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Urablahblah Apprentice Engineer

Have you tried verifying your files for the game through steam? There seems to be a lot of checksum errors.

Also, why in the world do you have steam installed in Skyrim's folder?!
    "C:\My Games\Bethesda Softworks\Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe"

3. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

Yea I Verified my game cache, and 3 files needed reacquiring. But problem still remains.

The reason for the odd install is that I only got Steam when I bought Skyrim, so by installing Skyrim it then installed Steam within the games folder....it all seems to run fine despite this.

4. kittle Senior Engineer

The "input not supported" message sounds like the game is trying to use a video mode that your monitor does not recognize.

Are you using a TV for your PC screen? or do you have a regular computer monitor?

One thing you an try is to delete the space engineers config file:
    C:\Users\Jo\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\SpaceEngineers.cfg

That should cause everything to go back to default values.

Lastly - it "might" help to re-install steam in a more normal sounding folder: "C:\games\steam" or "C:\my games\steam"

5. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

Its a regular PC monitor (non HD) it has never had a problem with Space Engineers or any other game before.

I shouldn't think reinstalling steam in a more normal location would do anything as it has run fine from that location for years with no issues. Plus it would mean reinstalling all my steam games too...which would be a pain.

Edit: I deleted the config, the game now loads up fine. Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  6. nobodx Senior Engineer

As long as you copy the steamapps folder into the new steam folder you don't have to reinstall all of your games (maybe verify game files but no re-installation)

7. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

thank you for help kittle. Closing the thread as resolved. :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.