Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.111.014] [DS] Random Dedicated Server freezes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rellim, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Rellim Trainee Engineer

Hi,

Since the planets update we have revived our group and actively play on our own server. Ever since this update, in all versions of the game between then and now, we have had occasional freezes in the dedicated server application for no apparent reason (at least to me). This is what happens during a random gameplay session:
    • Clients connected to the server get a timeout message showing the usual message "the server is not responding for x seconds". This will keep counting forever and the server will never be showing the message "host has left the game".
    • I connect to the server machine via teamviewer and the dedicated server console is still running. It is however not showing any new messages / activity on the server and is also not responding to the ctrl-c command. It is simply frozen.
    • I close the server application manually (pressing x / closing the window). At this point the connected clients will get the "host has left the game" message. Then I restart to have it load the last auto-saved world.
    I cannot find any correlation between what we do and why this is happening. It happens frequently every day. Doesn't seem to matter how many people are on the server, it has happened when theres only 1 person online, and also when there are 10 online. Also no difference when running mods or not. Could it be the definitionmanager errors that cause it?

Here is our config file with the server settings:

Here are a couple of server logs that abruptly ended because of this freeze:
    (cannot use pastebin due to immense log size)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3416292/SpaceEngineersDedicated_20151209_014506.log
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3416292/SpaceEngineersDedicated_20151209_084259.log
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3416292/SpaceEngineersDedicated_20151209_113730.log

Need any more information, just ask.

Thanks

2. Telquel Trainee Engineer

3. Rellim Trainee Engineer

I'm not sure that is the same. We don't get any client crashes, or server crashes. Just the freezes. Anyway, I guess I can post this there too.

4. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hi there and thanks for the report. I looks like the same issue as the one linked above. We are currently trying to solve this problem and fix it.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for playing our game :)

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.