Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.128 DS Survival] Ships at idle have 1.2m/s upwards thrust.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SeeJayEmm, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SeeJayEmm Apprentice Engineer

We have encountered and inconsistent and very odd bug on our Survival DS server. I have not yet been able to pin down the exact set of conditions to recreate it but it happens fairly frequently.

We are primarily playing on a Europa moon right now. Sometimes when you get in a ship, with inertial dampeners on, the ship will begin to move upwards and will stabilize at 1.2 m/s. Gravity also doesn't appear to be registering properly. If you cut the power to the ship it will continue to move up at 1.2 m/s. Using downwards thrust if you manage to slow the ship down below 1.2 m/s and then kill power the ship will just maintain whatever velocity it currently holds. (I.E. if the ship if moving up at 0.5 m/s and you kill power, the ship will continue to move up at 0.5 m/s, not being slowed by gravity.)

The only solution I've found to this problem, so far, is to restart the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. drackbolt Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this bug, having seen it and all the same behaviors described above on my own dedicated server. I almost want to say it has something to do with planetary gravity only, but I haven't verified that with tests in free space yet.

3. SeeJayEmm Apprentice Engineer

To clarify when I say the ship is moving up I mean up relative to gravity now the Cockpit orientation. I would agree w/ drackbolt but I haven't had a chance to test it outside of the moon's gravity yet.

4. SeeJayEmm Apprentice Engineer

It gets weirder. I have a ship that's experiencing this problem right now and if I turn off inertial dampeners not only does the upwards thrust stop but gravity doesn't pull the ship down.

What I believe is happening is that the ship stops being affected by gravity but the dampeners are still attempting to offset that that gravity causing the upwards motion.

On top of that it appears to be a per-ship problem. The ship I was traveling around it is working fine but the one i left back at the base is affected.

5. Flarefire Trainee Engineer

Can confirm this bug. I suspect it's triggered (somewhat infrequently) when a ship is locked to planet voxels for some time and then unlocking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. drackbolt Trainee Engineer

That may also be correct. I did notice that happening on a small ship after using landing gear, and again only in planetary gravity. But it's not nearly the most frequent bug I'm seeing in the latest version. :((

7. SayHi2Jesus4Me Trainee Engineer

Yes, this is still happening.

Occurred after unlocking landing gear from planet's surface with dampeners on. Ship moved upwards at about 6.4m/s. Was able to counteract the effect by using the non-upward thrusters (the upward thrusters being the ones that were originally using dampeners to counteract gravity) to slow the ship and bring it to the ground.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.