Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.132] [Terrible Atmo Thruster Sound]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Allammo, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

So i do really love latest update! Finally riding wheeled machine doesn't sound like rolling barrel. Atmosphere thruster sounds nice to but often sound seems to multilayer it self - have no idea how to describe this sound impresion. It sounds like 1000 thruster playing sound with 1ms deleay between each other. There are no speakers that can hold such sound, speakers might blow while flying around with atmo thruster machinery. I'm muting everything now, but it's not solution. I have no idea if it comes cause of my computer/hardware, or cause of game. I haven't got advanced sound card, or maybe I have, it's laptop, not sure what do I really have. All i know it's Alienware m18x R1 with GTX580SLi, who cares bout sound chipset/card? Surely not deaf gamers like me. So help me dear developers, don't want to be more deaf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MkThUnderwd Trainee Engineer

I can confirm that there is some kind of audio glitch that blasts the speakers. Unfortunately, I have to mute the speakers too most of the time because the glitched audio sounds EIGHT times louder than normal.

There ought to a diagnostic system that monitors things like sound levels over time and compare intention versus outcome. If an error is found, it could silently report the error to Keen in the background.

3. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

i have also had this issue. it usually only occurs during accel or deceleration, as cruising at max or completely idle causes no issues. the issue only happens with small craft for me as well, and is most common when there is more than one craft involved.

4. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hey guys!

Thank you for the report. We're aware of these issues with audio. So far we've gathered some information about possible causes - the issue occurs after crossing 30 m/s threshold with Atmo thrusters, also some people reported that it occurred when they were using a surround sound setup like 5.1 speakers. Our sound guys have prepared some more precautions for this issue, hopefully it get better soon :)

Regards,
    PF

• Like Like x 1
  5. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

In my case this sound glitch occurs even when object is not in motion, just hanging above ground fighting gravity. Sometimes it's not constant sound, after couple seconds I get total silence from hanging craft.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.