Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.134.007][SP] Pirate drones don't move

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ZerothAngel, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ZerothAngel Trainee Engineer

This seems related to the recent change to the remote control block, which now disallows enabling autopilot if there are no waypoints or if there are not enough waypoints.

Pirate drones that spawn don't move at all. Neither the drones spawned from the Argentavis (regular or heavy drones) or from bases. (I didn't try cargo ships, but they seem to use the same type of drones, right?)

Easy to reproduce:
    1. Ensure pirate drones are enabled for world
    2. Put an antenna down somewhere (and make sure it's powered)
    3. Rename it to "NO TRESPASSERS"
    4. Transfer ownership to Space Pirates
    5. Wait for drones to spawn
    6. Notice they don't chase you or even move around. They will still fire though.
    I believe the problem is because the autopilot for all these drones is set to "patrol" mode (the default) instead of "one way."

When the pirate drone script adds a single waypoint to the RC block, it cannot enable autopilot because "patrol" requires at least 2 waypoints.

2. ZerothAngel Trainee Engineer

Not sure if this bug is known yet or been acknowledged. But I made a simple mod that copied the following prefabs:
    • Argentavis_mk.1.sbc
    • Assailant_mk.1.sbc
    • Barb_mk.1.sbc
    • Dyad_mk.1.sbc
    • Eradicator_mk.1.sbc
    • Incisor_mk.1.sbc
    • Weapon_Platform_Gatling_mk.1.sbc
    And changed <FlightMode>0</FlightMode> (patrol) to <FlightMode>2</FlightMode> (one way) and it seems to fix them. I didn't do extensive testing and I'm sure there are more affected prefabs, but at least newly-spawned drones pursued me rather than sit around to be easily shot at. :p

3. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

I came here to report this bug too. In my game Argeventis spawned then plopped out a drone that doesn't move. It happens both in Singleplayer and on the dedicated server I play which is on another machine. I didn't have any mods on when I saw it first.

Planetary pirates seem to spawn and attack correctly though.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  4. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hey everyone!

Thank you for the report and sorry for the late response. I'll check it out :)

Regards,
    PF

5. mze9412 Junior Engineer

@Prescott Freyd
    Is any fix planned? This is still an issue and makes the Argentavis kinda ... boring ;)

6. KissSh0t Master Engineer

@Prescott Freyd

Some of the land based drones are working... the ones in space are not, just confirming.

Also getting pauses / stutters every few seconds.... on earth start planet, I think it's to do with the drones, the closer to them the more intense the pauses / stutter.

7. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late response. Just wanted to let you know that the issue has been reproduced and reported internally ;)

Regards,
    PF

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

So we've gone a month without pirates working in space... Sigh, I fixed the issue in literally one minute... Seriously the problem is with the pirates program. Currently it sets one way point based on it's current status, either origin or player. However all remote control blocks default to patrol status. Patrol status requires two points for the auto pilot to be turned on. If only one point is given you can not activate the autopilot. So you change the code so it creates two way points in the exact same position, literally just copy and paste the line where it gives the way point in the pirates code. Then it works... That's all you need to do... More than a month actually, and that's all you need to do... Currently on stable branch haven't gotten around to downloading the developers branch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I23I7 ME Tester

Bringing it up with the programmers. The issue is right now fixed but still being tested so that it works properly.

The fix might go live, its not 100 percent sure, today.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  10. Roxette Senior Engineer

Four months later, still no progress ?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.