Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.136.005] Client SP | Infinite map - kills players and grids in creative mode after moving [fixd]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by auge, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. auge Apprentice Engineer

Hi, this bug is a bit difficult do describe because of it being a bit abstract.

This is what happens:
    1. I load the map. It is set to creative mode with an infinite map. No planets, no nothing - just an empty map (with a ship).
    2. I move a few hundred meters
    3. I get instantly killed. No idea why.

In addition to this:
    A. If I respawn, I cannot move at all. Suiciding and re-spawning solves this until the map kills me again after moving.
    B. There is a (partially build) ship in the map. You can fly through the blocks as if they weren't solid.
    C. The ship cannot move at all. Nor can I copy or remove said ship.
    D. I can, hower, spawn at the medbays inside that ship. But it kills me instantly and moves the dead body with high speed away from that ship (through the blocks).
    E. If I spawn a ship, board it and move away, it kills me and removes the ship.

I have absolutely no idea what caused the map to do this kind of stuff. The only thing I can say is that its impossible to play on this map.
    If you have any questions about this, I'll try to asnwer them. But I honestly have no idea what happened here.

Map file: http://space-central.eu/files/bugged_save.zip

//Edit: Wow, it actually fixed itself by restarting the game. This bug was persistent between savegames as long as I didn't restart the game itself. Nothing in the logs.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

Hello,

Can you provide a Space Engineers log file and if applicable, a list of the mods that you were using for that map?

It's weird that a player can die in creative mode unless one was to press backspace.

3. auge Apprentice Engineer

No mods, nothing in the logs (really, I checked it). Restarting the game fixed it... Also this happened in every savegame AFTER I spawned something in.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.