Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.146] thrusters work normally despite being turned off

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hellothere!, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hellothere! Apprentice Engineer

In the current version all switching off a thruster seems to do is disable the thrust animation. Turned off thrusters continue to function and continue to draw energy.

2. DasOverlord Trainee Engineer

I noticed this too as I normally keep thrusters off to save power. I tried a new single player world with no mods thinking it was my world, same thing. The only way to disable the thrusters at all is to turn off the power entirely. Happens with ALL thrusters including hydrogen, except that hydrogen no longer seems to use "idle" fuel (never liked that anyway). However it's a more serious problem for ships parked in a gravity environment as you have to disable O2 gens and H2 tanks to stop them from killing your ice supplies.

3. DasStrudelMonster Trainee Engineer

Can confirm I'm seeing this issue as well. Hydrogen thrusters, even though turned off, will continue to burn fuel and try to do intertial dampening.

4. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

I just died of laughter. Before the thruster weren't working when you turned them on. Now they won't turn off when you turn them off. Why I love alpha development in a nutshell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I23I7 ME Tester

Yeah

It was reported and someone is gonna have a look at it to fix it.

Thanks!

6. Kezat Trainee Engineer

Thrusters also keep working if disassembled down below the functioning state, only way to stop them is fully remove them.

7. DasOverlord Trainee Engineer

Related to this I just realized any hybrid thrust ships (those with both hydrogen and ion/atmo thrusters) no longer dampen properly in a gravity environment if running solely on ion/atmo thrusters. I speculate that the grid is always acting like the hydrogen thrusters are on, and is trying to compensate by removing thrust from the ion/atmo thrusters. This is even when the hydrogen thrusters are disabled, oxygen gens are OFF, and hydrogen tanks empty. This bug is making it a real challenge to fly on planets.
    --- Automerge ---
    That explains why I couldn't get the thrusters to show up on a cargo ship I captured even though I ground them down past the line and repaired them. Unless I destroyed and rebuilt them I couldn't get permissions. This is becoming a pretty game breaking bug.

8. Dariorthan_bsg75 Trainee Engineer

same problem 1.146.007 DEV
    one thing i noticed: turning off the thrusters still turns off override

9. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey

Alright got someone to fix it, hopefully it will be out this week as a hotfix or thursday with the new dev. Thanks for reporting it!

10. Riessu Trainee Engineer

01.144.010 version
    Bug still here ! With all trusters.
    Gravity doesn't work on ship and trusters continue to work if we turn off.

11. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

I just died of laughter too, that this was found in the DEV branch and then "fixed" only to be pushed out broken in "stable"!! :woot::woot:

12. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey

I have tried playing on stable 144.010 and after turning of grinding down my thrusters they were not operational. Is their some new way that disabled thrusters work now? If yes can you just briefly described the issue please?

Thabnks!

13. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

Hi 12317, take a look at the thread entitled Atmo thruster bug:

http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/01-144-atmo-thrusters-bug.7386496/

Lots of testing gone on in there to see how all thrusters are affected.

cheers

14. USMC-88 Trainee Engineer

Hello 12317,
    I am still having trouble with this issue. I have a ship that is mostly ion thrusters but I have 3 large hydrogen thrusters on the back to help with accelerating. Now normally I keep these turned off to save fuel and ice and use them in emergencies. However, due to this bug even when they are off they consume all my fuel. If I turn off the hydrogen tanks as well they still burn ice. My only way to stop them from running is to turn off my fuel and oxygen generators which is a problem for my oxygen systems. Hope this can get fixed soon.

Thanks

15. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey please send me your blueprint for your ship so that i can see the same thing as you concerning this issue.

Thanks!

16. USMC-88 Trainee Engineer

Thank you for responding so quick.

So my ship has quite a few mods so I tried it first with them and then without and it still did it. Then I tried it with a vanilla ship to make sure it wasnt just that ship that was bugged. I can turn off the hydrogen thrusters and they look off but for some reason they are still functioning and using fuel.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=748536956 - this is the vanilla ship

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737505571 - this is my ship
    --- Automerge ---
    This video does a good job of showing the problem at about half way through the video

17. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

By jove, I think you've cracked it. Running 1.144.011 and both my ships that I modded (as in attached crazy amounts of thrusters :) )to test the bug are now working normally. Thanks!!

18. USMC-88 Trainee Engineer

Yup wow nice work Keen thanks a ton, problem solved.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.