Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.
  3. Apologies for enabling the dark skin as the forum default. This was unintentional and the light theme that we've been using for the last couple of years will remain the default.

For anyone who hasn't noticed:
    We've enabled a dark skin on the forums called Keen Software House - Dark. It's not perfect but it gets the job done for anyone who doesn't enjoy white backgrounds. Go to your preferences page https://forum.keenswh.com/account/preferences or click the skin name at the bottom left of any forum page to switch

[01.153 STABLE] No Audio/Stuck Sliders Soloution

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RayvenQ, Oct 16, 2016.

1. RayvenQ Moderator Moderator

This guide is copied from here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/1/350542683208900382/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pwneater

Thank you. I had the same problem, and your fix worked.

3. Reahs

Thanks after 3 days with no sound i finnaly found this.
    plz fix this cuz i worked fine before the update

4. Buzzed Bear

Doesn't seem to matter what I do for sound - all of a sudden I have none. I checked in the options menu - all the sliders were down to zero. I move all the sliders to max, click ok - no sound. Check sliders and they are all back to zero again. This is new since today's hotfix.

5. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer KeenSWH Developer

This should be fixed in the latest development build. Feel free to let us know if it's working there.

6. Buzzed Bear

Hey! While we are talking about audio - here is a neat one for you guys to solve - If I have my bluetooth headset turned on and set as my sound playback device - the game won't even load. If I plug it in after the game is loaded, the game crashes. Seriously guys? It matters what I am using as a sound device? No, I cannot alter the sound quality level of the headset speakers - they are basic minimum. It seems that the game does not like the microphone in the headset setup. If I disable the microphone, and use the headset as speakers only (separate device in device manager, but same headset), I am then able to use the bluetooth and go wireless. Just a heads up for you guys. It bugs me because I bought the headset so I could chat with my bud while we build. SE is the ONLY game (have not tried ME... and what's with ME having voice chat and SE not?) that this happens with. If you need the make and model and whatever else you need in regards to the headset (its cheap) and the bluetooth dongle, let me know - will be happy to provide what I can.

7. Speede_cms

i have no sound even in stable now and dev crashes because of it says sharpdx 11 failed to work ist'n the game dx11? if it would at least have sound that be nice right? none of my playback settings are able to work with SE can we plz get this fixed. can some one give me the keen softhouse email plz

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  8. I23I7 Tester KeenSWH Developer

Hey,

The issue can be solved by right clicking on the audio icon on your taskbar then "Sound" you should have a video pop with multiple tabs. Go to the "Playback" tab then right click on the headphones/speakers you are using and click "Properties" another window piops with a tab called " Advanced" go to it and lower the format to 44100HZ or lower. Your sound should work now.

As for the SharpDX problem i would have to have a look at your log. So if you get the crash without again turning on the game open your windows explorer (For example clicking on computer in the windows start bar) and type in the top right window %appdata% it should bring you to your Roaming folder. In it there will be a SpaceEngineer folder. Inside there will notepad files called " Spaceengineer.log" that will record your crash. If you copy paste them and send them to me via private message or on this thread.

I will be waiting Thanks!

Hey,

We are aware of the issue and if possible it will fixed in the future but for now we are trying to fix up most the crashes.

9. Buzzed Bear

No Worries guys! Am more than pleased with the level of support and fixing and stuff. Thanks for the reply though!

10. Speede_cms

well so much for fixes there wasn't even an update to stable now i can't even play stable. the game starts, menu starts, game crashes, i'v uninstalled and reinstalled it still dies. i'm about to start requesting a refund. game is completely unplayable for me and since i'm paying for a game i want it to work. even dx9 is down for me come on now get it together next thursday if its the same or worse i'm requesting refund, and the main reason i'm angry is i have had this game for about a year. it got better over the summer now the game doesn't work unless you have a ten thousand dollar computer and the best internet possible. i bought this game for the creativity now it's a pile of codes every time i start. and when i send in the logs it seems like your ignoring them and forgetting the buyers. if next week the game still doesn't work not only am i requesting a game refund but also reporting to steam that the game is unplayable and a waste of my hard earned cash. that cash should have been used to fix the game before adding endless amounts of "new textures, new scripting," and the endless amount of employees streaming the game almost 24/7.oh and here thats new log from stable crashing

2016-11-04 16:39:56.054 - Thread: 1 -> Warning: Missing definition MyObjectBuilder_DemoComponentDefinition/Default : for session component DemoComponent
    2016-11-04 16:39:56.390 - Thread: 1 -> Loading voxel storage from file 'C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves\76561198283235949\Easy Start Earth 2016-11-02 1954\EarthLike-81986748d120000.vx2'
    2016-11-04 16:40:07.603 - Thread: 1 -> Loading voxel storage from file 'C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves\76561198283235949\Easy Start Earth 2016-11-02 1954\Moon-1889737583d19000.vx2'
    2016-11-04 16:40:07.688 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR Entity init!: System.IO.InvalidDataException: The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream.
    at System.IO.Compression.GZipDecoder.ReadHeader(InputBuffer input)
    at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Decode()
    at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
    at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at System.StreamExtensions.Read7BitEncodedInt(Stream stream)
    at System.StreamExtensions.ReadString(Stream stream, Encoding encoding)
    at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.Load(Stream stream, MyStorageBase& storage, Boolean& isOldFormat)
    at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.Load(Byte[] memoryBuffer)
    at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.LoadFromFile(String absoluteFilePath, Dictionary`2 modifiers)
    at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.Load(String name)
    at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyPlanet.Init(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase builder, IMyStorage storage)
    at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntities.InitEntity(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase objectBuilder, MyEntity& entity)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  11. GrindyGears

Soooooo, given you know you're currently on stable, you must know about the Dev branch. you could possibly just play on that for a few weeks until stable gets an update. (before you say it I know you can't play it with friends or on the server you usually do) its not ideal, but it's something.

Also the game is still in early access, I don't think steam will refund you since you're likely well over the stated criteria plus when you bought it there was a disclaimer that said things may break.

You're literally one of over 2 million purchasers, why should your $20 mean mote than mine? or any other player? they're probably not ignoring your logs, it's likely that they get thousands of logs daily, unfortunately they just can't get to all of them.

Lastly the render and art teams are seperate people from the programmers for the most part. so adding new textures (aside maybe introducing a few new bugs) should have little impact on general bug fixing.

I can understand your frustrated, but sometimes things have to get worse before it gets better.