Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.166.014][DS] Ships sinking into station

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lordreaver, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. lordreaver Trainee Engineer

I have built myself a few tools that I can easily attach to my small ship and I store them on the ground of my station. ( planetary )
    Now I wanted to grab my welding tool to weld something but it had sunk into the station and keeps jumping around. I relogged - same. I close SpaceEngineers completely - still the same.

That thing was sitting there for 4 hours before it had started to sink in and now its completely useless. I can't even grind it down because the position is not correct and seems to be async.

Here are some pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5edj20ee41y4eqy/Screenshot 2016-12-21 01.00.56.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwary26qwmoid1m/Screenshot 2016-12-21 01.01.31.png?dl=0

EDIT:

It has sunken even deeper now and causes MASSIVE performance issues!
    My computer is lagging greatly now!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzjbohzj4qce3ul/Screenshot 2016-12-21 01.15.11.png?dl=0

EDIT:

After grinding down one of the armor blocks under that thing everything exploded ( like always in SpaceEngineers ) but 1/5 of the tool survied and was free now. So somehow it fused with the station... already had this issue with the voxel ground itself.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  2. Captain Broadstairs Apprentice Engineer

I have been experiencing similar issues with both station grids and voxel surfaces, in my case the ship has three landing gear, two of them correctly contact the surface, the third ( not always the same one ) will sink into the floor and the ship with it. I'm currently playing in creative so i have been able to just copy paste the ship out to retrieve it, but if i were playing survival this would be a catastrophic bug.

With a little bit of experimenting I found the only method I could use to land the ship is to use wheels on suspension, as they seem to have working collision.
    --- Automerge ---
    Update, After more testing I found that it was only happening on Moons, when I tested the ship sinking on planets everything seemed fine, so perhaps whatever is causing this is related to moons somehow

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Arturo Cofresi Trainee Engineer

Was playing on Easy Start Earth until a minute ago, the scuttler was about the only vehicle that seemed not to phase through the floor of the station, I replaced the constructor landing gears with small wheels on their sides and the miner, well I parked it on its connector. I built the carrier ship but lost it when I cut it off from the projector, as the thing(projector battery thing) just flipped all over. Just before it went nose first into the platform the carrier sort of sank to its neck into the platform, then it kind of vaporized, it was funny. In any case, connectors do hold ships in place as do landing gears(I do not trust them though, they are evil O.o).

4. Firesworn Trainee Engineer

This has become a huge problem in my world. We've made a base on Earth's Moon; we've lost every single mining ship to either getting stuck in voxel or getting stuck trying to go through the station. We've confirmed it happens from landing gear and connectors so far. Prolonged contact with the deck of our station also caused one ship to be unable to lift off the station.

Do you guys get the rubberbanding too? The ships we try to move have greatly enhanced thrust and do move, then immediately rubberband back to the original position; sometimes with enough force to do damage to both surfaces.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.