Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.168.004 STABLE/DEV] Small ship landing gear not locking (survival mode)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Felipe Letelier, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Felipe Letelier Trainee Engineer

Small ship landing gear isn't locking/unlocking when it's welded in survival mode, in creative it works perfect, as long as i remember it stopped working after the beta release, i know that there are many other ways to build a small ship without a small landing gear but it's a headache when you have to restart the game(it takes time) i respect your work keen, considering that your team is working hard to fix bugs, but in my opinion bugs like this should be fixed as soon as possible, because it's an early game issue.

2. Tdata99 Trainee Engineer

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this. The small grid landing gear not locking. This does not help with either making
    a new small ship or locking the small ship(s) onto a large one to fly them all around. I hope this gets fixed sometime.

3. casualsailor Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this on Stable Branch in SP as of today. In Survival placing a Large Ship gear it remains in place and welding it up it is locked in place. Putting a Small Ship gear down and welding it up and it will float away if bumped. I put a reactor on it and tried to use its interface to lock the gear and it would not lock.

I put down a Large Ship Landing Gear inverted and then a Small Ship Gear on top of it. Tried to lock the Large Ship Gear to hold the Small Ship Gear in place and it would not lock up either.

Edit: Apparently putting the landing gear down and then restarting the game will cause it to be locked when the map is reloaded.

4. Telquel Trainee Engineer

SP Stable 1.168.006 64Bit Win10: Also if you park your small ship on any surfaces without locking landing gears and cut the power off. After you reload your world the landing gears appears to be locked, even you never locked those.
    Not tested on DEV tho.

5. edel Trainee Engineer

MP server DEV 1.169_001 same issue, building a small landing gear do not snap to bloc below so it's not locked when finish either
    If I try to build a large gear, it snap to bloc but keep upside down and it don't let change orientation with insert/home/...
    So it force me to build the gear below my blocs and not inside my parking.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.