Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.172 STABLE] Turrets take 3-10 seconds to notice player, don't always fire

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Duckroll, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

I can run around in front of an interior turret for a good 5 seconds before they seem to notice me and shoot. This is enough time to destroy them so it's very broken.

I also noticed that sometimes when facing 4-5 turrets only a couple of them are shooting at me.

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

single player or online? O.o

how much stuff was going on in the background?
    what was the framerate like? sim speed?
    any mods?

I kinda have a feeling that
    if you have enough stuff going on in the background or SE world you could......maybe do some sort of DOS effect to slow down the processing speed of things in SE.

Denial Of Service....sending enough messages to a server to slow it down or crash it.
    maybe some sort of variation of that could be used in Space engineer to slow down the games scripts? not scripts as in player made but the game scripts.

3. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

Single player, sim speed was fine

4. demolish50 Senior Engineer

This is really noticable if you have a speed mod, even a modest speed mod of 200-300. You can literally destroy the base with a ram before the turrets even begin to fire.

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

plot twist.
    the devs want the players to use manual control turrets instead of depending on auto turrets all the time.
    or
    the more turrets on a station/ship the more time it takes for the mass amount of them to acquire a target.

ether way it'll make players build more manually controlled guns.

>:3

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.