Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.178.308, SP] Turret effective range ~ 100m.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SeeJayEmm, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SeeJayEmm Apprentice Engineer

I am encountering an issue where my large-grid gatling turrets do not fire on valid hostile targets until they within, about, 100m. I have confirmed the turret settings are correct and the targeting range is currently maxed out at 800m.

This does not appear to be limited to player-owned turrets as hostile drones are exhibiting similar behavior.

2. Thrak Junior Engineer

I've discovered that, since this update, I have to have turrets switched to fire upon "Moving Objects" to actually fire on incoming drones. This was not the case before... and setting "Moving Objects" has, in the past, led to my own turrets shooting me or my base. Is this a bug, or the new normal?

I've confirmed this in SP with both a large and small block warship, using both vanilla and modded turrets. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I noticed an increase in reported turret bugs around/after the time that the new drone behaviors/visual scripting was implemented. I don't have any proof, but perhaps the drone behaviors that restrict when and where to shoot are interfering with all turrets?

4. abrtn00101 Trainee Engineer

I can also confirm this behavior. This bug affects all turret types. The turrets don't seem to want to fire at meteors at their full range unless they're set to fire at moving objects. They will, however, fire at wolves on planets just fine at full range without this setting on. I haven't tested it fully, so I don't know how this affects other target types.

Strangely enough, the fire at moving objects setting doesn't seem to cause the turrets to fire at the player anymore. I think this is a bug, since that feature was useful for creating restricted zones where players of any faction, even errant allies, would be fired upon.

5. Martin R Wolfe Trainee Engineer

While the turrets do hit wolves accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. The wolf in the picture had 6 turrets shooting it and it still took out my bases main door and damaged the surrounding blocks before it was killed.
    [​IMG]

6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Turrets can't shoot wolfs for shit because for a really long amount of time wolfs aren't using a correct hitbox. :mad:
    at the moment wolfs use an engineer shaped hitbox......so turrets right to aim at a humanoid chest area instead of the wolf chest area meaning it misses alot more at range....
    which makes it even harder to hit them using melee tools.....because the bloody crosshairs are STILL off.

-cross hair is off
    -wolfs use engineer shaped hitboxes

glad enough they fixed the bug at 1:01....that was a real pain in the ass especially on that planet because i enjoyed jumping down the ridges while exploring on foot.
    and the floating ore bug at the very start of the video.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.