Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

01.180.0 Major - Eye Adaption flicker

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ivan Trunov, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ivan Trunov Trainee Engineer

Weird eye adaption behaviour in recent update. Loaded existing world which has been created before 01.180.0.
    Accures when field of view is set at 50, this may be triggering this bug. Persists after increasing field of view.

Example:

Update - bug still exists in
    01.180.1 Minor

What we know so far:
    - Is triggered by blocks placed in the world. Such are LCDs, I also experienced it with some modded blocks.
    - Is extremely irritating

Note: this was the first thread discussing this issue

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
  2. Izion Trainee Engineer

Just logged in to report this one, video is spot on.

3. Axaroz Trainee Engineer

I have experienced it aswell but realised that it only occurs for me with the new lcd panels. If there are no lcd panels around it doesnt occur for me atleast and it started again the moment i added a lcd. Tried it with the planetary lander, when i deleted all lcds it worked fine with shadows etc.

4. Laserak Trainee Engineer

I was just about to report this very same issue...
    AMD Video card, my DS host with Nvidia doesn't see it.

EDIT: Confirmed caused by being near LCD panels..

5. knovogran Trainee Engineer

Same issue. AMD Video Card.

6. Izion Trainee Engineer

Yep AMD here too

7. welted Trainee Engineer

Ditto - also with AMD

8. Ivan Trunov Trainee Engineer

There are like 50 LCDs in this world :)

Seems like we found a trigger...

I have AMD as well.

There is also another bug with LCDs: they sometimes don't render properly. They lose their glow and text appears dark. But it is a topic for another thread.

9. fabiozaza Apprentice Engineer

Had the same issue and I have a NVidia card. Updating the drivers solved the problem for me

10. Ivan Trunov Trainee Engineer

Updating driver didn't help.

11. zeronio Apprentice Engineer

AMD here, too.

I get two or sometimes three different light adaptions┬┤, all changing every 3 seconds from bright to very dark. VERY VERY STRESSFUL
    I also noticed that when you get inside a ship which is unpowered on a planet its totally dark inside, when you get close to hangar door it gets brighter, if you move outside it gets again brighter.
    I like it in that way^^ but it seems to be broken / buggy or not finished ?
    If you are inside a cockpit and swap into 3rd person view it will be dark then it gets brighter.

12. Leonexis Trainee Engineer

Seriously, Keen, when will you finally add an AMD-based host to your testing environment? You've neglected a good segment of your population for far too long. The LCD corrupted texture issue was just barely playable for the past few weeks, but this latest issue really demonstrates that you don't test anything with AMD cards.. and it really frustrates us users who prefer AMD.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Lurch84 Trainee Engineer

Also AMD and getting this (updated drivers etc), distracting as hell. I imagine it could make some people nauseous.

14. THEphil Trainee Engineer

On an old AMD card, no driver updates available.
    Removed all LCD's. I get it like the video just stand in one spot and I'm in the disco.
    Feels like an issue with the sun rotation, get it a lot on the north pole of Europa with all the little hills and stuff for the sun to fall behind.

15. zeronio Apprentice Engineer

It gets from DARK -> Medium -> Bright -> Medium -> DARK -> Medium -> and so on
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  16. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

plot twist.
    its the Vashta Nerada from dr who.

better stay out of the shadows
    better stay out of the shadows....

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Laserak Trainee Engineer

Can we get a confirmation that this is being addressed, kinda ruins the game for the AMD community.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Ivan Trunov Trainee Engineer

01.180.020 - Friday evening (European time) hotfix
    Problem still exists.

19. Ivan Trunov Trainee Engineer

Bump up...

Note: this was the first thread discussing this issue

Update - bug still exists in
    01.180.1 Minor

What we know so far:
    - Is triggered by blocks placed in the world. Such are LCDs, I also experienced it with some modded blocks.
    - Is extremely irritating

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. tanbe2010 Trainee Engineer

Hi i have the same problem

Nvidia user

GTX 980ti with the latest driver

21. Kenneth Meagher Trainee Engineer

im glad im not the only one with this issue considering the last couple days i couldnt play cause the log error file kept coming up finally able to play and the constant black and light again black and light again IS SOOO ANNOYING!

22. Ivan Trunov Trainee Engineer

->
    The flickering is triggered by LCDs, and flickers depending on what LCDs are placed in the world. For example:
    If you have 1 LCD with black background, it flickers - light, dark, light etc...
    If you have black, green, yellow LCDs placed in the world, it flickers - light, dark, green, yellow, light, dark etc...

In my current world I used this block - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839891294
    It heavily uses LCD mechanics, emulating flowing water and showing random text on the front. This block makes my game flicker in 3 different colors. Flickering goes away as soon as I delete the block.

... Waiting for a fix...
    Should be in the next patch, or in the hot-fix during next week.

23. critor Trainee Engineer

Still having this problem in 1.180.106 and using an NVIDIA GTX 965 and GTX 980 on other machine

24. Hunterakagman Trainee Engineer

Same here. AMD's 470 and on 1.180.106. I simply started the map.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. I23I7 ME Tester

Alright i am here. Anyone having this issue who is willing to send me your logs. That the render log and the space engineer log and the spacengineer.cfg please do so by private messaging me. Currently this is a top issue for the render team.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Dr. Novikov Apprentice Engineer

Happens on NVidia GTX1070 as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. guran Trainee Engineer

It is NOT AMD related, i have Intel/nvidia and it happend to me too after placing my first LCD panel.
    Flying away from the LCD for about 50 meters stops it, back in range of the LCD it starts again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Ironside451 Trainee Engineer

I am on an AMD card as well. After deleting LCD's the problem vanished. Here is a video (it's too long I know sorry)

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

GTX1060 here -- same issue -- grinding down LCD panels stops the issue.

-Forjo

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. I23I7 ME Tester

There is a supposed fix if it implemented and all testing goes well it should be out within the week or the next one.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.