Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.180.3] Large Grids Falling Through Planets

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lord Commissar, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

As the title says, large grids fall through planets.

Here are a few examples:
    - Pasting a large grid above a planetary surface, only to watch it fall through the surface rather than collide. certain parts will collide and explode or become damaged, but the majority will simply phase through the surface

lower velocities (pasting the ship lower to the surface) seem to overcome this issue *slightly*. another solution is to catch a ship as it is falling through the surface and cut and paste it again.

that's all fine if you want to make ship graveyards, but:

- trying to simply land a large grid ship on a planet, only to fall through instead. landing gear helps with the problem, but not always.

- trying to build a cargo ship that drops off containers or other items, only to have those dropped off items drop entirely through the planet rather than resting on it. the only real solution to this problem is to build a landing pad.

This has been going on for several updates now as well.

i get that keen may be wanting to make crashes better. before this issue ships would often bounce off surfaces. now ships are pretty much entirely destroyed. that's great, but planetary cargo ships and logistics are nearly impossible or highly impractical now. i prefer bouncing ships to this.

this should not happen when you simply want to softly land on a flat surface:

[​IMG]

2. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey,

This issue originates back in December it has been reported and is being worked on.

Thank you for the report!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.