Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

0KB Workshop download constantly

Discussion in 'General' started by TheDeinonychus, Jan 15, 2020.

1. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

Anyone else having this issue? Basically, I get into the game, then suddenly I start getting these little lag spikes when before the game had ran smoothly. Bringing up Steam, I see that it's constantly trying to download a 0KB file to update some workshop content. Only it never does. It starts, fails, then starts again. Does this for like a couple minutes. Then it stops and reschedules the download 2 minutes later. No idea what's causing this as there didn't seem to be an issue in game when loading the world and it downloaded mod updates.

Any ideas?

2. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I've found that exiting SE, and exiting Steam completely, then restarting, usually fixes bug-a-boos. Then, sometimes not...

Hey, you pay your money and you take your chances. Sort of like flying.

3. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

If what Spiff suggests doesn't work, try verifying files in steam. If that doesn't work, reinstall the game. I had to reinstall once to fix a problem.

4. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

If it was only yesterday it might be steam - steam had a bad day yesterday with connection issues