Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.035.009] - Merge Block Crash to Desktop

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by fused, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. fused Trainee Engineer

Prior to the hotfix sent out after the previous update on Thursday June 19, 2014 I was able to merge my two small ships together.

I experienced the cockpit issue where you weren't able to control the ship from the ship that you weren't in prior to merging ships. Once done moving resources between ships I went to grind away the conveyor frame and it crashed to my desktop. I sent in the report. Then the recent update prompted me to download. Did so. Reloaded the game, was able to grind away conveyor frame, and was able to separate the two ships. Now every time I go to merge these two ships I crash to the desktop.

I tried remove conveyor frames on both ships prior to merging, no change. Tried removing merge blocks completely and rebuild, no change.

This is in Single Player Survival mode (offline). I tried an experiment on Creative mode. Built two identical ships just enough to control and a merge block. These ships connected without a crash. Disconnected them. Remerged them, over and over. No crash.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. Fenrir Trainee Engineer

Ive been having the same problem had to put my build on hold because of it.

3. Kilsonx Trainee Engineer

Before the hot fix today 6-20-2014 I could merge ships.. right now any merge is a crash to desktop...:(

4. fused Trainee Engineer

I tried the same ships again after emptying all the contents from both ships, thinking maybe it was a bad part in the inventory, no change.

I did however, create a ship if you want to call it that, Landing Gear, Cockpit, Merge Block and Gyro and tested it with both ships and they both merged together without any issues.

5. HitryiPryanik Apprentice Engineer

I have got crash when I press Esc after merging. It start to happen after last update

6. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

Also just tested to see if the problem with the large ship merge blocks tearing everything apart when docking was fixed, after a couple tries and finding out that, no, it hasn't been fixed yet, the game suddenly crashed.
    The log file was unable to be sent automatically for whatever reason, so I've linked it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg4edx0sgc78l8c/SpaceEngineers.log

7. Guest

Have this issue too, all ships merged successfully before that patch and hotfix.

I heard they made some changes to Control Panel, so I guess a way the game understands ship's component list is also change.Probably they forgot to apply the necessery corrections for Merge Module and a connected ship's component list.

8. Raelsmar Trainee Engineer

I'm also having this issue. I hope they fix this along with the overzealous magnetic force on the merge blocks (slider please!)

9. Lipocap Trainee Engineer

I am having just the opposite. i Built a cargo ship that looks like an 18 wheeler. i can connect the truck to the trailer just fine using eather the regular mergeblock or the small merge block.
    the problem i am having is no mater which ones i use the game crashes to the desktop when i try to turn off the merge blocks to take the truck apart.
    i have tried everything i can think of. tried turning everything on the trailer off. still crashes. anyone have any idea;s/

I do now have a blueprint of my truck.
    if there is a way to get it to you please let me know how.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  10. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

could you please send me the world. Thank you. I am trying to reproduce it now.

11. Lipocap Trainee Engineer

not really sure how to tell what world it is.. its the default survival map i haven't played on any others.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.