Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.077 Oxygen help - Med bay not working for me.

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Niel, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Niel Trainee Engineer

I've just updated the game and load my survival world. Once in I started build my ship and, running low on O2, I went to the med bay just I did yesterday (old 1.076) when the drama started...

Pressing T only recharged my health BUT NOT the oxygen level of my suit. Is it a bug? I've tried everything, even rebuild and replacing the med bay. What is going on?

I died once before giving up and quit the game.

Any help, info or explanation?

2. Volfram Senior Engineer

The med bay only recharges oxygen if it's hooked into a conveyor system that has oxygen flowing through it. It's a little complex. Personally I would advise making half a dozen bottles and putting them in your oxygen generator initially.

You do need an oxygen generator. It is the only way to get new oxygen.

3. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

You need to setup all the oxygen infrastructure before being able to resupply oxygen. This means mining ice, having an oxygen generator, and then conveyoring it generator to tanks, vents, cockpits, etc. Or using bottles + conveyors.

If you enabled oxygen in an old world that isn't equipped for it expect to die a lot before you get it all working. I burned through 10 clones in my main world before having a generator/medbay hooked up. I also had to travel out 20km away from base to find roids with ice because of the way ore seeding works.

4. Niel Trainee Engineer

Yep, something very similar also happened to me before having an O2 generator with some ice :) but now everything runs smoothly and I'm working on my base again, thanks everbody for the help!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.