Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.105.012] - Hydrogen Thrusters Quitting in Creative

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rommie, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Rommie Trainee Engineer

1_105_012 64 bit
    Build 2015-10-22 11:13

Hydrogen Thrusters can quit when building in Creative, here is how you can replicate it:

New World >> Custom World >> Creative >> Auto-save off >> G
    >> Hydrogen Tank, Small Hydrogen Thruster, Small Conveyor on bar >> New Small Ship >> Place Hydrogen Tank on it
    >> Place Small Reactor not blocking small ports >> Place Small Hydrogen Thruster on small port
    >> Place Small Conveyor on another small port >> Place Small Hydrogen Thruster on Small Conveyor
    >> Delete the first Hydrogen Thruster

Result: Hydrogen Thruster goes out, any more added will be out.

Solution: Copy/paste ship.

I have tried getting in cockpit, turning things off and on and nothing works, copy/paste is the only way I know how to get them running again besides deleting all Hydrogen Thrusters.

Due note I know the Asteroid issues and lighting bugs are more important and I would prefer those fixed more than this.

P.S. I think the balancing for the Hydrogen Thrusters is perfect for non planet use. I started a Lone Survivor world the moment the patch was dropped to test how they were balanced and I barely made it to ice before I ran out of it. Hydrogen Thrusters make an ambitious pre Platinum option for people like me. (Platinum is needed for thrusters, nothing on that start has it if you disassemble everything, which makes it my favorite start)

2. carbonCore Trainee Engineer

This is happening in Survival multiplayer as well. Go into the ship -> fly around, use up some fuel -> get out -> a random number of hydrogen thrusters stop working.

Honestly, I'm loving the hydrogen thrusters even without the ion thrusters. If you load up the ship with an oxygen generator and about 10k worth of ice, that will keep it fed for a while. The hydrogen tank is only a buffer, which means you have to budget your burns well. I made a very maneuverable fighter with them, accelerating to max speed and then coasting to the target, replenishing my buffer, before engaging the target at great speeds and with high agility. Loving it!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.