Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.108.904] Respawn Ship Mods Broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bluedrake42, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Bluedrake42 Trainee Engineer

Not sure why, but it appears that respawn ship mods are no longer working. Was there a change made to how respawn ships are scripted?

2. LHammonds Apprentice Engineer

Most likely. I'll look into this and update my guide when I figure it out.

3. demolish50 Senior Engineer

I can't find a way to make regular respawn ships spawn away from the center planet.

4. LHammonds Apprentice Engineer

The default "RespawnShips.sbc" structure has not changed. There is an additional ship entry for the lander so this cannot be the source of the problem.

EDIT #2:

I was in too much of a hurry and grabbed the wrong file. Format did not change...but trying to find out what is different still...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  5. demolish50 Senior Engineer

Umm, my respawnship sbc did not change.

<RespawnShips>
    <Ship>
    <Id>
    <TypeId>RespawnShipDefinition</TypeId>
    <SubtypeId>PlanetaryLander</SubtypeId>
    </Id>
    <DisplayName>DisplayName_PlanetaryLander</DisplayName>
    <Icon>Textures\GUI\Icons\Fake.dds</Icon>
    <CooldownSeconds>900</CooldownSeconds>
    <Prefab>AtmosphericLander</Prefab>
    </Ship>

My respawn ships actually work too.

6. demolish50 Senior Engineer

However, my regular and vanilla unmodded respawn ships and games spawn the regular ships inside the planet's atmo. That I can't seem to fix.

7. LHammonds Apprentice Engineer

I don't know what the deal is. I made the .sbc files just like the current versions in the game and they just don't work (made atmospheric versions of my minimal respawn ships). When I kill myself (backspace) and then pick one of my modded respawn ships, I simply re-appear where I died but only in my spacesuit. No ship to be found anywhere. This includes my existing respawn ships as well. I don't think there are any syntax issues or formatting issues. Heck, I'm even the guy who made the How To Make A Respawn Ship guide. LoL

To test this, I created a new world, selected Custom World, picked the Star System, various settings, offline mode and picked my local mod folders for the respawn ships.

Either there is a bug somewhere or I'm missing something obvious...or I need more sleep.

Example Respawnships.sbc
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <Definitions xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <RespawnShips>
    	<Ship>
    	  <Id>
    		<TypeId>RespawnShipDefinition</TypeId>
    		<SubtypeId>Minimal A Solar</SubtypeId>
    	  </Id>
    	  <DisplayName>Minimal A Solar</DisplayName>
    	  <Icon>Textures\GUI\Icons\Fake.dds</Icon>
    	  <CooldownSeconds>900</CooldownSeconds>
    	  <Prefab>MinimalASolar</Prefab>
    	</Ship>
      </RespawnShips>				
    </Definitions>
    Example Prefabs\MinimalASolar.sbc
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <Definitions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <Prefabs>
    	<Prefab>
    	  <Id>
    		<TypeId>MyObjectBuilder_PrefabDefinition</TypeId>
    		<SubtypeId>MinimalASolar</SubtypeId>
    	  </Id>
    	  <CubeGrids>
    		 <CubeGrid>
    		  ****** SNIPPED TO KEEP IT SHORT ******
    		</CubeGrid>
    	  </CubeGrids>
    	 </Prefab>
      </Prefabs>
    </Definitions>

8. demolish50 Senior Engineer

Oh you have the world size bug. Is your world limited or unlimited, set it to unlimited.

9. LHammonds Apprentice Engineer

I always use the Unlimited size. This particular world was unlimited too. Offline/Online made no difference either.

10. Koder Apprentice Engineer

I haven't run into any major issues, although I try to get a fresh copy of RespawnShips.sbc as a starting point when I make updates. I've overlooked small things before and broken things in my respawn ship mods because of it.

EDIT: You advised that you did the same too, hmm. Ok, something else I've seen is that if you do <Ship Enabled="False"> for sections you are disabling in RespawnShips.sbc, it doesn't load properly. You have to have it as <Ship Enabled="false"> (false needs to be all lowercase).

Best of luck figuring it out. How's that sleep part working out? I didn't sleep much at all this weekend, got those planets on my mind haha.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  11. Ced23Ric Apprentice Engineer

12. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

13. LHammonds Apprentice Engineer

Ah ha! It was creative that freaked it out. Did a new Star System in survival with all my "Minimal" respawn ships and they worked (crashed horribly into the dirt...but worked).

So every time I was testing my new ships, I was in creative mode. That means I'll be able to finish my ion/hydro/air variants and get them published soon.

EDIT:

Finally finished the atmosphere editions of my minimal ships. (Example)

I don't have a functional Dedicated Server anymore to test it on though (yes, opened bug report). If anyone wants to test it out, let me know. I'll update my guide later.

So tired (again). It's 2am.

Thanks,
    LHammonds

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.