Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.108.946][Quickstart Planet] My turrets hate my rotors

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by beelzerob, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

Started a new world, quickstart. Decided to build something (it's creative). I placed a new small ship landing gear, put some blocks on it, and then placed a rotor on one of the blocks. I heard some gunfire and thought that maybe I was being attacked by pirates. But I looked around, and there were none. Then I saw the rotor head disappear...and the gunfire stopped. I removed the rotor base and tried placing it again....the same thing happened. The rotor was shot off by my own turrest.

I finally went and turned off the turrets of my own base (the blue one you start at), and then I could place the rotor and continue building. Of course, before I could do much else, pirates DID attack, so I had to turn turrets back on. As soon as the pirate was destroyed, I turned turrets back off and went back to my rotor...and they had already shot it off.

Running DirectX11, Win 7 64-bit.

2. Telquel Trainee Engineer

Had similar problem with merge block but in DS with planets. Our faction cannon start to hate my merge block after I move it couple blocks. Before that there were no problems with that.

3. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

I thought perhaps it was a faction issue...but if it is, then it's the rotor head by itself that is the wrong faction. The turrets leave the rotor base alone.

Man, rotors can't find any love....even in single player.

4. Shabazza Junior Engineer

[deleted the old post]

Now that I can also play planets (Creative) with my shiny new RAM bar, I have the exact same problem in the "Earth" scenario.
    I build my first welder ship and as soon as I disconnected it from the base landing gear, my turret began to shoot at the battery until it was out of order.
    The weird thing is: It's no use to set the ownership of all ship blocks from "Nobody" to faction "First Colonists".
    The turret (which is owned by the same faction (!)) does shoot anyway.

And I also noticed this:
    I'm member of the above mentioned faction.
    But after disconnecting the ship from the base landing gear, all blocks get shown as if I were in another faction and I get "Access denied" for all blocks that can have an owner, despite the fact that I AM in the very same faction. (I set the ownership of the ship in the first place...remember?)

What's that?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.