Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.119 DS Can not turn off meteors.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Doctor Octoganapus, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Doctor Octoganapus Trainee Engineer

On my DS I have to keep setting environment hostility to safe but still get meteor storms and the server keeps resetting it to normal.

2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

It does this with all of your settings as soon as you press "Start Server." I believe it's not actually applying those settings but somehow starting your game then populating all the fields with something OTHER than the settings you placed in.

After you start your server, click "Edit" and take a look at the CFG file as a text file. Double check your settings in the CFG. You can't trust the GUI because after two years they still can't get it right; even if it's the simplest program associated with SE. They just don't bother checking their work for the most basic functionality. Just hit "compile" and if it does that... it must be perfect. There's no other explanation for weeks and weeks of this.

It's not a new bug, sad to say.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steelhelix Trainee Engineer

All Config files say Safe for environment hostility, but the DS configurator and the actual game itself both have meteors set to Normal. This is rather annoying as my Server has never had Meteors turned on and nothing is designed to withstand strikes.

4. Kurazarrh Apprentice Engineer

Bumping this, hoping for an answer. This issue has made our server virtually unplayable, and no one is getting on because of this.

5. Rioclaw Apprentice Engineer

Ive found all you have to do is switch from NORMAL to SAFE every time you restart this server, this is all thats required to fix the issue currently, besides being annoying.

6. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the reports, we are working on a fix :)

Regards,
    PF

7. The General Trainee Engineer

I have this problem with environment hostility on my DS as well, the config file says "SAFE", but even if I switch to "SAFE" in the control panel, when I save and start it switches to "NORMAL"
    Just tried setting up a new server on a different computer, had the same results. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro, the original computer has been running an SE server for over 6 months. This problem started showing up 1 to 4 weeks ago, I've been away so I don't know exactly when.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  8. Telquel Trainee Engineer

1.20 Shuting down and starting DS will change SAFE to Normal.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.