Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.166/1.157 Stable & 1.167 - Dev] Running program fails to complete after grid disconnect

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lBlackthorne, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. lBlackthorne Trainee Engineer

I have been trying to write an initialization script for an escape pod.

I ran into a snag where instructions executed following the connector-unlock sequence in the Launch(...) function never get executed.

Moving the call to IonThrottleUp before the connector unlock sequence causes the script to execute flawlessly, but that is not a viable solution for the rest of the initialization sequence.

additionally, if I move the connector unlock sequence higher up, the connector itself never unlocks, even though the engines activate and throttle, the landing gear unlock, and the connector itself turns off (but never unlocks)

I tested this extensively, and posted about it on the steam discussions over the last week. The problem appeared to be fixed in the DEV branch, so I expected that whatever changes were done to DEV would migrate to Stable, once it was updated.

This is not the case.

It is my conclusion that active scripts are either terminated, or the reference to them is lost, when the grid they are executing on disconnects/is reloaded

ETA: Affects Version [1.166/1.157 Stable]
    Seemed fixed in 1.165 Dev

Would have changed the thread title but couldn't

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  2. lBlackthorne Trainee Engineer

bump

Now broken in Dev branch too.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.