Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.175 Develop - Visual Scripting Tool] Error Occured While Reconstructing Graph

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by 666Savior, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    197
    I'm am trying to load my script, which i had saved not two minutes earlier in preparation for starting SE ( i always close the tool just in case it will cause an issue )

    After a quick test in game i re-opened the editor, selected open, then selected my level script. The list on the right side of my screen populated with the level script and the 10 smaller scripts it references, and the log states that everything loaded successfully.

    Once i clicked on my level script, i got a pop up window that said "VRageEditor has stopped working". I click close and the VST stays up but i can no longer click on my level script. I can view all other scripts loaded and load other scripts from the campaign. The log at the bottom of the screen shows "error occured while reconstructing graph."

    I dont know any workaround to this and i do not know where the actual log files are for the editor to post them. Picture included for purpose of visual.



    After doing some testing it appears that if more than 8 scripts are referenced by the level script, it will fail to open after being saved and the tool closed. If this is truly the case then this severely limits my ability to create scripts using the visual scripting tool.

    I don't know if there is a workaround for this, but if there is please tell me, my script depends on it
    --- Automerge ---
    Also, can someone tell me where the crash/error logs for VRageEditor are sent? I feel like it might be useful to see the actual logs instead of the in tool log
     
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. David Ralph Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    12
    I am also experiencing this error, however, my script references fewer than 8 others.

    Have you found any way of opening / fixing the bugged file?
    I am unable to continue development unless I can actually modify my script.

    Edit:
    This may be an unrelated bug, as my script now works after manually removing a Switch node from the XML (found through trial-and-error).
     
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  3. Drakon Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    139
    If some script is causing crashes best solution might by to create it again as a new one. Seems like some nodes are causing issues lately (it saves wrong data). We already know that GetEntityVectors can create problems when you try to copy it. We are trying to find these issues and fix them but it may take some time.
    Also crash logs should be created in AppData/Roaming/VRageEditor/
     
  4. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    197
    i found my issue was due to a name change in a script that was referenced. I went into the files and found that it had not correctly changed in the files, fixing the name and location fixed this issue.
     
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.